Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

Nope. It’s all up front. Kind of hard to build a course you need to raise money for if you don’t actually get the money. But remember that is just a friendly no interest loan you’ll get back in 30 years!

4 Likes

Wonder what level of courses would be accessible if you put 75K into a fund and used the returns 30 years later for an initiation? Granted you’d miss 30 years of golf. Haha.

1 Like

If I was managing the fund, probably a local muni.

2 Likes

take into account the $5k/yr you also add in, that’ll be some good golf you’ll get to play for the final 5-10 years of your life.

1 Like

I love the idea, but the $75k upfront seems pretty steep for public. I’ve know that you can get a pretty nice private course in Denver for significantly less up front.

AND still player Rodeo whenever you want as a public guest.

2 Likes

Yeah this feels like the right approach.

2 Likes

Bummer. Had a tee time at the club for this morning and they auto-canceled them all. Still too much snow.

Riverdale Knolls is open though! If you want to walk 9 this afternoon. The only problem there is, Knolls is not a loop layout.

I had a nice day at Four Mile Ranch today. It’s still in pretty good shape for winter.

2 Likes

Playing it by ear the rest of the week. Temp dropping here in Denver. Prefer the club, but we do have a few shady areas that make it tough to open after snow.

Thorncreek/Riverdale/Broadlands/CO National are options.

1 Like

Non golf question for the Denver contingent …We are spending a weekend in Denver during the summer before heading further west. Is downtown Golden a good airBNB spot for a family with 2 kids under 6 if these are our goals?

Walkable to restaurants
Walkable to a park
Relatively convenient to get to the zoo and red rocks (we’ll have a car)

Yes. Depending on where exactly it is, it will be a 5-10 minute walk to both of those. Lyons Park is a great playground. It’s about 5 minutes from the main downtown street (Washington Street). Washington Street has a bunch of restaurants. The downtown area itself has a few brewery’s, bars, etc.

Zoo will be about a 30 minute drive. It’s pretty much entirely highway, so it’s pretty easy.

Red Rocks is about 15 minutes from downtown Golden.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the info. Moved forward with the booking. Having fossil trace nearby will be tempting.

Anyone have a beat on the closest open course to Denver? When Four Mile in snowed in…not great!!

Walking Stick will be open this weekend if they aren’t open already. Still pretty cold though to make that drive down.

1 Like

Hi Coloradans. I’m new to the Nest; a goal for 2023 is getting involved. Was planning to post after the snow melted, but I here we are still waiting.

I live in Centennial and divide most of my time away from work and family at the southern triumvirate—-South Suburban, Southglenn Par 3, and the South Broadway Country Club. Looking forward to saying hello.

2 Likes

Hey all

Will be in Aurora April 16-22

My class gets over at 5 PM each day and I am looking to play golf 1/2 evenings and maybe go to the Rockies game another evening

And you have any suggestions for golf or want to meet up?

Anyone have any Rockies connections for great tickets or suite access? Otherwise I’ll just do the $5 and then work my way around.

2 Likes

Commonground or Murphy Creek in the Aurora area will get the most recommendations. April should be fine for weather but we always get a few random snow storms in April, so consider your rounds at moderate risk.

It’s the Rockies. Walk up, give someone $5, and you’ll get a good ticket.

1 Like

I can taste the disrespect…ugh…but yeah…if its not the Cubs or Yankees, plenty of good seats. Best ballpark in America.

2 Likes

@ajsmith get excited for .500 ball! maybe…

1 Like

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe