Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

holy fuck this one is bad, dark horse

2 Likes

What’s the direct line yardage?

1 Like

It’s like 330ish I think. Course is notorious for posting a ranger on the tee box making sure no one tries to cut any corners there.

Sets up perfectly for either a little fade or duck hook into the trees.

I’m actually playing there Saturday morning and I’m going to tell him it’s my wedding day so he can pound sand while I cut this corner.

2 Likes

#10 at Eagle Trace just a bad hole from the get go. #4 tee box isn’t great. Neither is #6. Come to think of it, you’d probably have a better time listing the good tee boxes at ET than the other way around.

I had to drive by there the other day just to prove that the course was even still open.

Let me know what you think of the hole. Haha. I feel like the pond is a giant middle finger to the average golfer by eliminating any reasonable layup.

I actually don’t mind 10 as a hole…for sure quirky with the tree in the fairway, but it does give you some options. I just can’t stand having that tree directly overhead and in play.
Come to think of it, the back tee on 13 is also incredibly stupid. Both times I’ve been out there, I’ve played back up 12 because why the hell would I intentionally play over a massive native area right to a cluster of bunkers instead of up a clear fairway with a good look at the green?

1 Like

Eagle Trace was decent when we prepaid for our work league and it came out to ~$23 bucks for 9 holes plus they’d keep the bar open till 10 and we’d often get to go back out for glow golf.

Eagle Trace sucks when you take your wife out on a Sunday and it’s damn near $100 with cart and the round takes 5+ hours. That drives you to private golf. True story.

1 Like

Heres the line I took today. Definitely a dumb hole tho

3 Likes

Landmand tee sheet opened up today. BIL and I are making a mini road trip on Labor Day weekend to play Wild Horse and there. I’m pumped for some more NE golf.

2 Likes

Hello Colorado. I’m heading to Denver for a wedding in a few weeks and wanted to check out Meow Wolf while I’m there. Anyone been and have recommendations? Specifically wondering about timing/best time of day to go.

1 Like

Playing CommonGround at 1:10 today.

First time playing in Colorado.

7 Likes

I hope you love it! The course is my golden example for what public golf should be.

2 Likes

Two spots open I think if anyone wants to join.

If I play, can we talk about Bandon caddies?

:joy:

I’ll take any Brandon info ahead of my first experience coming in October.

Go early in the day. It’s more enjoyable with fewer people there and parking gets crazy.

I was there last week and we went right when they opened. Loved it.

1 Like

Mr. @JScore is on site and he didn’t even get me a heads up?!

2 Likes

Expect anything different?

1 Like

One more question for you (and anyone else for that matter), how is Lyfy/Uber in Denver? We’re staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Denver/Cherry Creek, the wedding is at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, and we’d like to go to Meow Wolf.

Wondering about how much we’d spend on Lyft/Uber to and from these locations, as well as the airport, or if we should rent a car. And assuming there’s plenty of other things to do in this area within walking distance?