Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

I don’t know if I’d say there was a lot to do around Meow Wolf. A brewery or two and a sports bar.

Plenty to do down in Cherry Creek. From Meow Wolf, you’d be better off Ubering (or walking) into the main downtown area.

Cool. We’ll probably skip the car rental and just Lyft/Uber around.

Right this second it’s $40 from the airport to the hotel and $15 from the hotel to Meow Wolf.

Looks like a decent amount of scooters around Meow Wolf. You can get from there to Larimer Square, downtown, lower highlands, and RiNo easy on those. You’ll need to snag an Uber back to the hotel and to the wedding.

1 Like

CommonGround was sick.

10 Likes

Where was the pin on 6 green?

That’s the short par 3 that almost feels like a baby redan?

Left pin. Super fun! Buddy made a 2 from the middle making a big downhill putt. I unintentionally pin seeked and made par with a 2 putt from just off the green front left.

1 Like

Bird gang? OH HELL YES.

1 Like

Also. Red Rocks was awesome.

First time there for me.

Somehow found myself backstage.

8 Likes

good to see RR rolling out the red carpet for honorary Schwaldos

7 Likes

Such a great pin location

2 Likes

Homestead in some strong wind and a bit of rain this afternoon. So so so fucking good.

6 Likes

This must be photoshopped. Every time I’m on the tee this green appears to be the size of a parking spot.

I was playing with 3 first-time Homesteaders today, all mid-high handicappers. The look on their face when we walked up to the tee and they saw the green, in the 15-20mph crosswind straight out of the right was priceless. What a hole.

2 Likes

For all you architecture aficionados, I wanted to flag something I saw on the six o’clock news. Opening this week in Windsor, Colorado (farming town about an hour north of Denver), is RainDance National (shades of Three Jack National). A Fred Funk Signature Design. Tipping out at almost 8,500 yards, it’s the second longest course … in the fucking world, falling just short of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Club in the Yunnan Province of China. Siiick. This is Mr. Funk’s first foray into golf course architecture. Props to FF for fully sending it on his debut attempt.

Also, they have designs on building this thing out to be a full-on resort, complete with a convention center, boutique hotel, cottages, a chapel, an ice skating rink, and more. So Northern Colorado’s answer to Neom, the Saudi megacity of the future.

2 Likes

$220 weekday/$250 weekend!!!

2 Likes

If I play it from a third of the length can I get a third of the price off?

No? Well…avoid.

4 Likes

I thought it was fully private, no?

No. It’s semi private similar to Pelican Lakes. Members get an extra week to book tee times. They’re obviously leaning heavily on selling a bunch of memberships. The annual isn’t bad at upper 6k but $15k initiation is steep for a semi private and I’d guess that annual will go up at least another grand when the clubhouse is finished.

You never really know whether a pro who has his name slapped on a course has a lot of input (like Crenshaw) or almost none (there are stories about guys not being able to find courses with their name on them for opening day).

The golf course architect at RainDance was Harrison Minchew who used to work for the Arnold Palmer design firm but will be familiar to this board because he did the redesign at JaxBeach.

Any food recommendations for the Cherry Creek area?