Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

Local favorite is Homestead. Shorter course but in great shape and would be fun with the 13 yo. My 12 yo loves it.

2 Likes

Winters play havoc with the mountain courses. It all depends on how they come out of it. Looks like that one was just fine. Last year was really bad for a lot of them with a lot of winter kill in the fairways.

1 Like

Eagle Ranch is a favorite of mine and gets you most of the way to Glenwood so you’ll have a short drive after golf.

Getting into Glenwood and playing Ironbridge is also a good option or driving up from Glenwood to River Valley Ranch (20 more minutes).

1 Like

Bear Dance isn’t really a mountain course. I can’t speak for @dancin exactly, but I think he meant courses along I-70 west of Denver - like those in Vail, Breck, Keystone.

4 Likes

I can only imagine. I guess I got lucky with Bear Dance. Or as, @DeadMan appropriately pointed out, Bear Dance isn’t technically a mountain course.

Either way, safe travels to @Hashtag420 and his son and have fun on the course, whichever one you choose.

Cheers!

1 Like

Ha. yes. I didn’t recognize Bear Dance. That is not a mountain course. I was referring to any course west of Denver at higher altitudes. If they don’t have a solid snow cover into spring the continuous freezing and melting and elk trampling can kill a lot of the grass.

1 Like

I really like Keystone Ranch. It’s a RTJ Jr. course, and there’s some classics of his style, for better or worse. But there are some really cool elevation changes, and it feels like you’re playing golf in the middle of nowhere.

That said, I haven’t played a ton of mountain courses, so I’m not an expert.

1 Like

Anyone a member or have experience with Lakewood Country Club? I know NLU held an event last year. The membership/initiation fees seem super reasonable and course seems solid as well. I live in LoHi and love the idea of being able to actually get a tee time less than a week in advance at a decent time on Saturday at course 10 minutes away. Any feedback appreciated

2 Likes

Lakewood CC:

4 Likes

My definition of affordable is different than yours, but I will gladly help you fill out a 4some when you get accepted.

Lakewood was a great time during the event.

7 Likes

i will also gladly accept any invites…

Could play Lakewood every day.

Holy shit Inverness is overpriced.

1 Like

should we join Pueblo CC?

Lol, I was apparently looking at fees for a different Lakewood CC. Pueblo would be a tougher commute but looks to be a little more in my price range…

2 Likes

lmao

Come join us at (no not that) Inverness!

2 Likes

I can safely say that the initiation fee at The Ranch is a bit more than shown.

When is that listing from?

I’d wager many of those clubs are higher than shown coming off of COVID.

It’s from 2020 so I’d imagine everything on that list more expensive now.

FYI - here’s their updated list from the April 2022 issue.

3 Likes