Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

Need to see more Colorado peeps in this roster! I just opened registration…let’s go to Vegas!

3 Likes

This sounds so rad! I will be getting back from Bandon (humble brag) a few days prior to this event and won’t be able to swing both!

2 Likes

Will @Randy be crossing the picket line to shop at King Soopers tomorrow? Inquiring minds want to know if he’ll place the welfare of workers above the interest of his favorite grocery-chain overlords.

3 Likes

I’m pro-union, but I remember being a UPS supervisor back in 1997 when UPS struck and getting my car egged and keyed coming through the picket lines in Commerce City. By people I knew!!!

At the end of the strike, the drivers made a few more bucks but most of the load/unload people had to bail as they couldn’t make ends meet over a 2 week strike. Those who stayed got a nickel or a dime raise.

2 Likes

hey all keep an eye out in the roost thread for a season schedule outline (or a stab at one), going to try and knock it out here in the next day or so

4 Likes

New to Denver, looking for a golf crew for upcoming season.

Hi All,
Just moved to Denver from Chicago, early 30s and 8 index. Enjoy playing in friendly competition formats during my rounds.

I have a few friends here that golf but none sub 18 index. Does anyone have recommendations on events or other ways to meet new golf buddies here in Denver?

8 Likes

Right in this thread as well as this linked one: Mile High Coop (Colorado Roost)

During golf season people are posting up open tee times weekly and the other thread will have planned events for the year soon. We also had a match play bracket tournament last year that will most likely return.

2 Likes

Awesome thanks, I will keep an eye out

1 Like

Any courses open in Denver area this weekend?

Went to my local Safeway today instead of Kings. Woof. I don’t know if it’s all Safeways or just the one near me, but it was awful. Terrible selection, poop on the floor of the bathroom, unfriendly employees. Feel very good with being with Kings after the strike is over.

3 Likes

I always felt that Safeway was were depressed 90’s vampires shopped. Stores always seem so dim and dull. Funny you mention it though, because I did the same thing yesterday. Hopefully strikes resolve soon with some wins for the employees.

3 Likes

The Safeway by my place in Aurora is WAY better than the nearest kings, but this could just be an Aurora thing bc we were Kings ppl before

2 Likes

When I lived in Westminster, I was bracketed by two Safeways, one next to the Broadlands GC, one more to the south.

Then a King Soopers came in literally right between them and forced one to shutter and the other is a husk of itself. It’s where I now go to “beat the crowds” because no one is ever there. The downside is, I can’t find anything.

1 Like

Safeway in Parker is much nicer than Stonegate King Sooper. I go early most Saturday mornings with my 17 month old daughter and we see same checkout lady each time, Janet. She knows my daughter’s name and gets her to crack up every time. Prices are a little higher but worth it for friendly employees and wider aisles.

Needing a recommendation for cold weather/rain golf gloves!

Black Footjoy Rain Gloves.

If you find you’re needing the winter gloves, the course will be closed due to snow anyways.

2 Likes

I use these. They are the only pair I’ve ever owned so I can’t compare them to anything, but they have worked well.

3 Likes

Sick watch cameo btw

5 Likes