Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2)

Someone in dekelb is selling a gold pingman (I think ball mark) he doesn’t know what it is but I can’t find anything on the value. The gold alone is worth around 35$. Thought it was cool figured it was worth sharing

3 Likes

I might actually contact the seller about that piece of art! That Pingman logo was super sweet!

1 Like

BARBARA!!! WHAT DID THEY DO TO ME???

Ummm… Anyone trying to play golf Sunday??

Can’t play every day if you don’t play the first day.

(I’d love to, but I seem to now be permanently sick.)

3 Likes

This resolution is looking a bit tougher than I thought. I got very strict with the 30 minute rule, had to Google Maps some out that were 32 minutes way.

Abbey Springs WI
Bittersweet IL
Boone Creek IL
Brae Loch IL
Brightondale - Blue Spruce WI
Brightondale - Red Pine WI
Brightondale - White Birch WI
Bristol Oaks WI
Browns Lake WI
Chapel Hill IL
Country Club Estates WI
Fox Lake IL
GG - Brute WI
GG - Highlands WI
GN - Palmer WI
GN - Player WI
GN - Trevino WI
Hawk’s View WI
Heather Ridge IL
McHenry CC IL
Midlane IL
Nippersink WI
Oak Grove IL
Old Top IL
Pistakee IL
Prairie Isle IL
Renwood IL
Shepard’s Crook IL
Spring Valley WI
Stonewall Orchard IL
Twin Lakes CC WI
Valley Ridge IL

Going to focus on new courses and see how close we get.

11 Likes

Pretty deep. Some say the northwest burbs is the new Carolinas.

7 Likes

For the Wisco stuff I’m your huckleberry

2 Likes

The courses on your side of the lake are a big gap for me. The rest of the LG courses will be least priority due to times played. Brute, Hawks and Palmer will be easy work scramble courses to check off.

Are these all 18 holes?

2 Likes

Most are, couple 9 holers in there.

2 Likes

Any of those super excite? For Brae Loch, The lake county college bought the brae loch clubhouse and will be using it as a teaching place for their culinary program which sounds kinda cool.

1 Like

Bittersweet is kind of quirky or gimmicky in a couple spots, especially if you haven’t played it before. Practice facilities are good. But it is always in good condition and pace of play is usually pretty good.

You can skip Chapel Hill. No one will hold it against you.

Midlane is above average. Course condition has been degrading year over year a little bit, but its a solid set up. Weaves in and out of a housing development.

Oak Grove is my sleeper. Condition is good. Layout, architecture is above average for the area (aside from #11). Very reasonably priced IMO as well. Would play that course everyday if I were closer.

Stonewall Orchard is a heck of a track. Conditions are excellent. Wonderful driving range, short game area, and putting green (It’s where I hit balls during the summer). Can be extremely difficult playing the wrong tees or getting the wrong wind. Greens are CRISPY in the summertime. #4 is a provocative tee shot, and lay up to 100 yards down the left on #18, you’ll know what I mean when you see it.

6 Likes

I don’t see Thunderhawk or Bonnie Brook on here either.

Bonnie is good, could be skipped. But I enjoy the course a decent amount.

Thunderhawk is a must.

Thunderhawk is 34 minutes from my house, so it did not make the cut. I’m fine with that.

Bonnie Brook, same. Green Bay Road ended up being a solid cutoff except for Shepard’s.

1 Like

We used to play Thanksgiving football on 11 fairway every year. Best use of the land. I still maintain that 14 is a sick hole/green.

1 Like

And that stupid hole with the tree in the middle.

1 Like
  1. I like the tree. Forces a decision, otherwise it’s just bombs away down the hill.
2 Likes

I guess, but the fairway is like 30 yards wide right there, and the tree is right in the middle. Compared to, say, Blackthorn, which has a hole with a tree in the middle, but the fairway there is 50 yards wide. Maybe I need to play it again.

If you’re playing the correct tees, the tree is only an obstacle on the 2nd shot.

Roughly 260 yards from the front of the ladies tees to the tree. 335 yards if you play from the ‘1 up’ tee boxes.