Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2)

Brook or Dundee?

Could potentially be fightin’ words…

3 Likes

Bonnie Dundee is an all time golf value play. Love that place

4 Likes

But it’s an obstacle that you can’t really plan to play around, unless your strategy is to hit the ball in the rough. That’s my recollection anyway, but it’s been a while.

Bonnie Brook.

Condition is usually above average. Not super packed.

But the front 9 is very forgettable IMO. Back 9 has a lot more interest to it (#s 11, 12, 13, 16, 17).

2 Likes

Wherever your tee shot ends up dictates the best shot. But its not a shot you’re forced to play.

I’ve hit fairway woods to the right/left of it to get closer to the green. And hit 9 iron over the top of it to get to the bottom of the hill.

Super cool second shot. Ball is in the air a LONG time.

Good point, and it’s not even rough. The last 1/3rd of the hole length is extremely well guarded.

I’m always well short of the tree, with 300+ yards still in. I should play it 7i around/over the tree and then another 7i to the green.

Instead I grab Dale or a 3w and let it rip for disastrously bad results.

For those unfamiliar:

5 Likes

Please tell me your driver is named Dale.

6 Likes

Thought I had a pic, but Dale is my black 3 iron.

Will update.

9 Likes

Raise hell, praise Dale.

12 Likes

That’s what my bumper sticker says.

I really hope Dale doesn’t have a big right miss. Too soon?

7 Likes

Not too soon, but no further comment at this time. Thank you.

2 Likes

Looks like a problem a blade can resolve.

1 Like

my favorite hole at oak grove. Similarly enjoy redtail in lakewood holes 9, and 18 for similar reasons giant oak tree sitting right in the middle.

3 Likes

While Dale is a great name for a 3 iron… missed opportunity just going straight to “The Intimidator”?

2 Likes

We’ve played together. I’m not intimidating anyone out there.

6 Likes

Not with that attitude.

3 Likes

As a reminder to all new and old to this here thread, March Mudness, an event to kickoff the szn on March 26, will start planning soon. Event is at Kankakee Elks CC. We do a format that will somehow resemble March Madness.

It starts with our interest list. You’ll recommit at a later date, but add your info here if you haven’t already:

Last year’s overall trophy and winner @Shivas65:

And the custom basketball quota winner @Loganbrimberry gets to hold on to for the year:

Both winners were Kankakee CC members!!! Gotta get some new blood in this year :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Had a blast last year. Played with and met a lot of cool guys. The playoff was electric. @TeddyPargame does an awesome job with the organization and @TCRBrad took some great action shots. The :basketball: is in safe keeping until there is mud. Look forward to seeing the crew. Can’t come soon enough.

7 Likes

What’s up everyone! What is the process for how I can join the Chicago Roost? I have been in the Refuge for a while and actually played in the March Mudness 2 years ago but last year ended up being a wash for me due to a significant ankle fracture so I missed out on all Roost stuff.

3 Likes