Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2)

I just assumed they were drones :swan:

5 Likes

Get Chase’s autograph for me will ya? Lifelong fan.

4 Likes

Shoutout Team Wilson for the demo clubs, the fan zone with the GC Quads was nice

6 Likes

Sources say the LIV people messaged an order in for deno clubs for said event on Tuesday night for a Thursday arrival…

:eyes:

6 Likes

Mr Player was in town this weekend

13 Likes

Coming in hot with another south side relatively unknown track, Water’s Edge. Designed by Rick Robbins and Gary Koch, Water’s Edge lives up to its name as it’s situated on the Calumet River in Worth. The aerial view appears to show some much needed tree work, and also one holes plays around the Honorable Harry “Bus” Yourell Off-Steam Aearation Pond. The “Bus” was a hardened politician from the Southside, ultimately the Commish for the Metro Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago.

Maybe some of you have played this delightful looking track, and can provide some insight? Looking at tee times for a week out, it appears to be a popular spot as there isn’t much availability, and rates are around $45-$55 with cart included.

7 Likes

S/O to Jesus and his body shop.

6 Likes

I only know about this course from the watertower off 294. If a city is this invested in a course it must be good. image

11 Likes

The south suburbs have issues with golf, water towers and bogus claims.

7 Likes

I think calument city has a pink and yellow smiley face water tower.

4 Likes

For all the SIU alumni (is this now a water tower thread?)

5 Likes

GOAT water tower.

14 Likes

Slow your roll

9 Likes

3 Likes

Amazing story behind this team. Same year as the Hickory won the IN title. What a year for basketball in the Midwest

2 Likes

Aaaaaahhhh yes -Water’s Edge.

Overall a decent track, a couple of really fun golf holes and respectably fun green complexes.
I was a little underwhelmed that we didn’t get many views of the Channel during the round, and there’s not a whole lot of elevation or undulation movement out there. Definitely not my first choice of courses in that area but overall it’s “just fine”. Rumor is that pace of play can be brutal on the weekends though…

It’s a rock solid muni that fits perfectly in the $40-60 range.

4 Likes

Amazing that Hebron is still standing as their last two village presidents have been arrested for DUIs and crack addictions while in office.

1 Like

Thank you for getting us back on track. Anyone go to the flea market near by? Think it’s the Swap O Rama. Hoping they have some 1 irons I can pick up

1 Like

What a uniquely mundane golf course…it reminds me of those made up courses on Golden Tee

3 Likes

I used to play there every so often about 15 years ago or so. It’s not terrible for a muni. Decent track, serves its purpose. First hole always had my number because I could never seem to negotiate the big dogleg. Tough par five on the back nine with trees and river left, and water all up the right, but I remember getting there once with driver/2-iron, back when people still carried 2-irons. The river never really comes into play because there’s a pretty big buffer, and with the trees, I’m not sure you even see it all that much. I also remember going down there once as a single and not being able to get out, then playing the nine-holer up the street which wasn’t too bad. Palos Hills, I think.

3 Likes