Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2)

I’ve seen them at Meadowlark a few times over the last couple of years.

1 Like

I love course on course violence. From the April 8, 1983 Chicago Tribune: George W. Dunne head pro says “Torrey Pines is a goat ranch compared to this. They could play the US Open here. It’s that good.” Dunne was called Forest Preserve National back then. Green fees were $8 in 1982, and $11 in 1983.

7 Likes

has anybody played Calumet this season? Did they re route it? I saw videos on their site and the holes were not what they were when I played in early 2022, and they even mention the video for # 5 that it used to be the closer.

Are there any other changes? Do they take care of it more?

They still have an out of the country call center taking any call to them.

1 Like

I know @McDuffin & @kmcswain are planning an event there but I haven’t seen anyone post about the course on here recently. If you go,please report back and make sure to include the current dress code and if they allow @ShirtlessGolf

i love it. It is still growing in and there are some patchy spots, but the layout is so much fun.

If you played it before the renovation, but everything got pushed back a hole. 18 became 17, 17 became 16… 1 became 18. Thats very silly and annoying i think they just took out the downhill par 3 on back, or moved it or whatever.

The layout is still the layout. Good piece of land, plenty of options off the tee, fun greens. Just no restaurant and no drinking water on course.

1 Like

Hello from your much better and obviously more entertaining neighbor to the north. I would like to propose a truce to go show the weirdos in the North Star United what real golf looks like.

Join me in the quest to make fun of their accents at the NSS4:

4 Likes

Throobs won’t be there, so unfortunately you’ll have a little less to go on in this regard

I think we’re being infiltrated boys.

13 Likes

7 Likes

4 Likes

Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 9.51.06 AM

Funny enough, I just saw this article on twitter that proves my point.

Stand strong SCGC.

10 Likes

Even more reason for us to remind them how much better we are than them. I’m just the middle man, quite literally.

1 Like

Please don’t steal our cars when you come here for the NSS. We promise to be Nice :tm: .

4 Likes

Remember this means something different north of the cheddar curtain. We are actually nice. They are… “nice”.

1 Like

Fixed it

2 Likes

I remember as kid you’d have to get there and sleep in the car similar to Bethpage. Only a handful of daily fee’s had “Country Club” style Bent in those days.

3 Likes

You’re exactly right… What a scene. I just saw this article from 1983 Southtown Star: “Last year, the numbers where unmanageable. From opening day, when foursomes were sent out every 8 minutes, the course was already feeling growing pains. Because no reservations could be placed, golfers would begin lining up in front of the pro shop at 3 AM to get a 7 AM tee time. Those who showed up at 7 in the morning could practice on the putting green for about 8 hours before they could hit on the first hole… A round took 6.5 hours under the old plan.”

3 Likes

For those wanting a shot an an NIT spot and a damn good time check out The Butter Cow event…our merch logo is another reason to come.

15 Likes

Question for everyone: IL state rd 38, how do you pronounce its other name?

rOOOOOsevelt Rd

or

ROSE-velt Rd?

I’ve heard both pronunciations and genuinely mystified if there is supposed to be a correct way.

5 Likes

This is sick

1 Like