Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2)

Preserve at Oak Meadows gets a lot of run.

Mount Prospect is also close (ish). But I’d rather play Preserve.

8 Likes

That’s the answer. 15 minutes from the airport.

I imagine those rates at Preserve are going to skyrocket in the next few years, I played there last month for ~$70 with a cart and could see myself paying more.

2 Likes

Yep, I saw that it’s supposed to get around $95 with a cart once summer rates kick in

It has definitely become a twilight only course for me. Which kind of sucks because they are kinda dicks about getting carts in 10 minutes before sunset.

1 Like

They hired the same architect to re-design Maple Meadows right next door.

Hopefully that spreads some of the demand out.

5 Likes

$90 to walk this past weekend

1 Like

Honestly, I think it’s worth it.

2 Likes

When you in Babe? I’d try to get out and play a round with you while you’re in town.

6 Likes

First golf course I ever played :headstone:

1 Like

When is this supposed to start? Didn’t know about it but Maple could definitely use it

1 Like

You can read up on it here.

3 Likes

Course leaves a lot to be desired so hopefully they don’t take it easy on the remake. Especially hope they fix the stupid routing. Really don’t understand how it hosts an Illinois open qualifier

3 Likes

Cog Hill?

2 Likes

Prepare to be very whelmed if you play Dubsdread.

7 Likes

Boom…architecture

21 Likes

Played Buffalo Grove yesterday. Was consistent with advertisement, fairly forgettable layout with obnoxiously large and mostly useless bunkers. Will give them credit for having smooth greens (though a bit slow).

This warning sign on the 6th tee slayed me. Why didn’t it occur to me to just aim at the fairway???

whoa-surprise

7 Likes

Having yourself a week and couldn’t have better weather.

7 Likes

Keep posting pics of your rounds and anything else that suits you about our city. We will enjoy seeing your travels. Have a great weekend.

5 Likes

Heading out tomorrow. Big fan of Chicago. Played Olympia Fields North, Rich Harvest Farms, Sunset Ridge, and Skokie.

Big fan of all the restaurants we hit, Revolution beer, and the river walk.

21 Likes