Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2)

We appreciate your bidding. I usually end up with a few I start the bidding on early and they are a great value buy

1 Like

What’s the general consensus here? Played 36 there for a tournament but have literally no opinion on it

3 Likes

I have never played there. But it’s on my list for this year.

2 Likes

I’d hike along for that loop just to try and form a real opinion on the course

2 Likes

Aurora university home course. Have many stories of playing in the snow to 40 mph winds. They would basically set it up as right foot in the rough for tournaments

2 Likes

The Double Gun! (Only reason I’ve played it)

1 Like

Anyone ever get a chance to play Plum Tree in Harvard? It was on my list back in the day.

3 Likes

My backyard. if no one steps up to lead mudness rumor is it could be the future home

4 Likes

Played it all 4 years of high school. Really fun/tough course. First week of the school year they had the greens ROLLING. Had never played greens to that point so firm and fast. They used to host qualifiers for usga/CDGA a lot and I make sure to give it a nod when I drive by its rotting corpse on the way to lake Geneva

6 Likes

Please relocate to oak grove so everyone can experience #11

3 Likes

One spot open on Monday 5/29 at Blackstone at 10:40 if anyone wants to join.

3 Likes

My new approach is to treat that hole like three separate par 3 tee shots.

4 Likes

Added to the list of courses I’ll buy and reopen/redesign when I hit the lotto.

3 Likes

What else is on the list?

I’ve got big plans for Robert Black if I ever come into a boat load of cash.

2 Likes

Restoration (without the historic membership clauses…) and buy back the park land.

1 Like

Get ur votes in

Most surprising result so far, there is at least one vote for fresh Meadows

2 Likes

Spring Valley and Kankakee probably

4 Likes

Walnut Greens in Schaumburg. Par 3 course that’s now closed, I would have some wild green complexes and night golf.
Pinecrest in Huntley; not a terrible layout right now but I think implementing some King-Collins design ideas would be fun
Craig Woods in Woodstock; family plays there every Father’s Day. The 9th hole is fun and #1 is a driveable par 4 over water; implementing a new routing could really maximize the natural land movement

3 Likes

They’re charging $105 for a weekend tee time. And around $90 during the week. And when I played last year some greens had dead spots. I like the course enough, but I don’t think it aligns with the price.

3 Likes

Closest good course to O’Hare to play on landing?

1 Like