Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2)

Alright folks it is that time of year again - the refuge official Chicago area favorite public golf course poll.

Write in your (3) favorite public courses within an hour drive of the loop, no traffic. I will not be accepting criticism of this geographic boundary, that gets you as far north as shepherds Crook, as far west as Blackstone, and as far south as Kankakee elks.

I will collect the results in a few days and collate into results that we can compare to prior years.

9 Likes

I like Deerpath. Pretty good value, especially considering it’s in Lake Forest. Course was in good shape last I played there, has some fun holes. The squared off tee boxes are a nice touch. I also give them credit for trying something different with The Lawn, the bonkers massive 30,000 sq ft putting green pictured below.

3 Likes

Oof

7 Likes

WTF! this course is not made to be fun for any golfer regardless of skill level

6 Likes

I dont have the gram, ill just assume this isnt good.

It’s more Mike Block propaganda.

2 Likes

Check the prompt…equal match price to quality :wink:

2 Likes

It isn’t worth being described a golf course :face_with_peeking_eye: no value to playing there

5 Likes

…I really kinda like it

It’s the Illinois version of Arizona “target golf”

Cringe Block content from Mistwood staff

5 Likes

I would like to completely and totally disavow that type of behavior

5 Likes

Second this!

2 Likes

@TCRBrad
Pretty-sick-guy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Think of your digital footprint, this is not something to put on main…Glendale Lakes is probably the worst golf course I have ever played

6 Likes

Kerry that’s your #Mistwood #family!

2 Likes

I had a fun little loop that I’d play with just a 7 iron when I lived near there. A fun little loop with some challenging yardages and shot shapes.

It’s really worth the $22 during the week in my opinion.

4 Likes

Is this Lost Marsh?

6 Likes

IJGA auctions are back. Check ‘em out before bidding ends https://buff.ly/3IFYgrP bidding ends in 5 days. I will not be bidding on Glendale lakes since I won it last year and couldn’t even fill the 4some. Shout out @HackMarkham for joining me at the lakes

9 Likes

Reminds me of this:

Is this your ideal layout?

8 Likes

Time to get outbid on Beverly at the last minute and end up with a foursome to blackberry oaks.

9 Likes

i’d go in on beverly as well.

4 Likes