Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2)

sadly no
giphy

3 Likes

Exmoor is certified sick

5 Likes

If you think the golf course is nice you should check out the paddle/curling hut

4 Likes

A very bad, yet noble attempt at sounding like Tom DeLonge

I know.

I don’t see you signed up for the show.

Watching. Waiting. See you, maybe?

And scene.

They should really do more than let you pay $90 and post whatever you want.

4 Likes

While I didn’t see that, what I did see was the par 3 eighth which had whiffs of the 17th at Jackson park which is the highest praise I can think of

7 Likes

Breaking news from the Western burbs and all of our fav course, seven bridges. A certain bridge on hole 14 managed to get the best of some people and a cart. Everyone was ok, no injuries.

20 Likes

It appears they made it further than my 3wood

8 Likes

A bridge too far it seems

8 Likes

This warms my heart. Might also be the reason certain playing partners prefer to walk.

2 Likes

Can’t really blame them for deciding they’d had enough and trying to end it all halfway through that back nine.

13 Likes

Did you walk out to take that picture?

2 Likes

I just happened to overhear the issue from the starter while enjoying the black and blue flatbread at their patio restaurant (decent). Our server provided me the pic above.

4 Likes

Would love to get some of you boys out for this, get on in there

3 Likes

Number of years ago my brother used to live at the AMLI apartments right on Seven Bridges. He was on the far south west corner of the last building so he had a view of the 11th and 12th holes. Some guys pulled up to the 11th green and drove the cart slightly up the hill between there and the 12th tee box. They forgot to put the parking brake on and hopped out, cart rolled backwards right into the water.

5 Likes

Yup. I’ve witnessed all sorts of stuff that would heavily promote shrinking the game. They do a ton of outings so doesn’t surprise me.

There’s more than a few clubs in the creek off 11 tee.

3 Likes

For a course that wants to be a more high end course, it’s definitely become the high end golf bro course. So many idiots out there.

1 Like

7(?) bridges is high end in price only. Some of their tee time prices are batshit crazy for that course.

4 Likes

I’m going back to their days of hosting the Michael Jordan celebrity shootout… when they were in their heyday they wanted to be one of the premier courses (and housing communities) around. The price you see today is because of that mindset. In reality, the front nine is good and the back is just God awful.

2 Likes

there’s a subset of golfers out there that think it’s good because of the water.

5 Likes

Settler’s Hill opens TODAY. I’m pumped.

Anyone down for some Sunday afternoon golf?

It’s a “roller coaster ride” according to Greg Martin (architect)

14 Likes