Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2)

Look forward to encased meats tab!

3 Likes

You’ve greatly underestimated us.

15 Likes
  1. It’s tough to do, but a pre-work 9 a la The Breakfast Ball league would be great at Billy Caldwell
  2. Which muni 9 do you like more, Billy Caldwell or Tam Oshanter?
6 Likes

I’ve finally found my people.

7 Likes

BCBC

2 Likes

When a discussion about how many bridges are actually at Seven Bridges results in an email to the GM at Seven Bridges…Hot Dog discussion might be a nice change of pace.

12 Likes

Would be quicker when 5, 6 and 7 are flooded out.

4 Likes

Tam is fine, a little better maintained, and has better amenities, like the Howard Street Inn restaurant, which has good bar food. But Caldwell is the far more interesting golf course IMHO, with more intriguing holes. Particularly hole 8, which is my achilles heel.

Unfortunately both courses get crushed by flooding when it rains. Major issues for both of them.

7 Bridges: That’s incredible :joy:

(BTW getting severely throttled on posting replies, since I’m new I guess. I do appreciate some rookie hazing though, and if I need to sing a school fight song or something, let me know)

1 Like

Yeah Refuge is somewhat limited for non-Nest members. No such restrictions over in the 2CGC Discord!

4 Likes

Two adds to hole 8 from my experiences:

• Underground hornet nest in the fairway before the dog leg, as I laid back one time.
  • Worker hand sanding the green at 7:45 am on my birdie putt line (sunk it).
2 Likes

FREE BIRDIE BALL MAT - Gone

Hello local Chicago Golfers. Prior to putting this out on the silk road thread, I wanted to offer this to locals who may pick it up. I am moving and can no longer use my 18 x 3 birdie ball putting mat. I’m asking for no monetary exchange, simply a good home for it.

I live in the Arlington Heights area and can meet you up for the drop. Hit me up on DM if interested. Thx

4 Likes

In case anyone is playing at St. Andrews in West Chicago in the near future… there is a Goose protecting her nest about 260 yds on the right off the 10th fairway between holes 9 and 10

She took a 100 yd, low flight, attack mission on my unsuspecting ass this morning. It took 5 minutes for me to scare her away and get to my ball. I duffed it about 45 yards down the fairway and walked backwards another 100 yards bc she kept flexing on me. It was an absolute cluster.

14 Likes

This imagery was evocative

8 Likes

I hate geese with the fire of a thousand suns. It’s mating season too so those fuckers are making even more noise trying to get laid.

3 Likes

It was probably just all the typos

2 Likes

This order has been sent to HB. If you requested your items shipped I will be reaching out via email to confirm your address. I am going to take all the fees associated with this order like taxes and embroidery and split them evenly among everyone who ordered, so expect a PayPal or Venmo request from me in the next week or so to cover that difference. Please reach out with any questions.

Big thanks to everyone for all the free credit card points!

1 Like

@TCRBrad @BigBird and I will be at 1:10 pacing you

5 Likes

Grabbed the single left in this group so will be joining y’all, looking forward to it

3 Likes

Anyone playing Saturday morning?

1 Like

Loved playing both of these growing up! Need to get back there to play both of them again someday. Did they finally make real tee boxes? Or do you still hit off mats?

Most distinct memory from Tam was my C4 driver head snapping from the shaft and flying 10yrds on the tee on hole 8.

2 Likes