Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Take the lip balm and travel kit home.

Ice cream sandwiches and tacos on Craig’s Porch will be amazing after your afternoon Sandbox round.

After that, hang out at the Mammoth practice green with an old fashioned. If it’s a clear night, incredible skies to see.

6 Likes

Come play in an event at a course featured on Tourist Sauce. There’s still time to sign up!!

5 Likes

Seconded all the above. Plus…

• it’s never too early for an Italian Beef after #9 on Mammoth
  • Pork Shank for dinner
2 Likes

If you haven’t taken this poll yet, please do. I’ll leave it up for another couple days -

5 Likes

Going to be in town May 18-22 and looking to play at least 18 a day. I’ve already played:

• Cog Hill (#2, #3, #4)
  • Thunderhawk
  • Harborside (both courses)
  • Lost Marsh
  • Preserve at Oak Meadows
  • Cantigny
  • Ravisloe

Definitely want to hit Mount Prospect on this trip, but where else should I be looking?

3 Likes

Shepard’s Crook
Highlands of Elgin

6 Likes

If your significant other is a lip balm fan, you can get as many as you like at the front desk!

1 Like

Wednesday Wagglers league starts up at Village Links GE tomorrow. Excited to have a weekly round on the schedule (even if it is only 9 holes).

If you hit up Highlands of Elgin in the morning you can shoot over to Bowes Creek CC for an afternoon round.

5 Likes

Sunset Valley

4 Likes

Looked into joining this but the 3:30 start doesn’t work for me.

Sneak across state lines and play Spring Valley. It’s shaggy but the L&M greens are good. Always fun to get a cart with an ash tray too!

2 Likes

+1 on Shepherds Crook. I’d also toss Schaumburg and Foxford Hills in that list.

4 Likes

Not to butt in and interrupt your course rankings, but looking for a little bit of assistance.

We’re not flying out of O’Hare until the Monday after our wedding, so planning on going up to the city and staying and having a nice dinner. I’ve got my hotels narrowed down to 4 options: The Hoxton, Pendry, Kimpton, and Swissotel. Anybody have 1 of those that sticks out as the best option?

1 Like

330pm is the earliest. Our tee time is 440pm which I can just make work. I think 530pm is the latest.

1 Like

I’d say go for the Hoxton. It will have the best proximity to new bars and restaurants since its in the West Loop.

4 Likes

I would second this, all the others are right in the middle of tourist central (which is fine if that’s what you’re looking for). However, your bar and restaurant options in walking distance will be exponentially better at the Hoxton than any of the other hotels you listed. I’d personally much rather hang out in the west loop as well

3 Likes

Looking at this list makes me realize how many public golf courses I still haven’t played in Chicagoland. I’ve probably only played half of the courses on this list. Need to step up my game!

1 Like

Hoxton / West Loop 100%. You’ll also be right next to the highway or could even hop on the blue line at Grand to get to ORD the next day.

1 Like

Thanks all, ended up booking Hoxton. Now the decision comes down to dinner… Looks like some excellent steakhouses in that area, so super pumped for a good steak and red wine pairing.

1 Like