Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

if you want a truly unique experience stay at Longman & Eagle. They have 5 (maybe 6) curated rooms above the restaurant. it’s awesome. also across the street from the Logan blue line stop. you can be at United Security in 32 minutes max.

3 Likes

I would look into reservations at Alla Vita, rose mary, or Monteverde. They aren’t steakhouses but are three of the best restaurants I’ve been to in Chicago. Rose Mary’s steak is top notch as well.

Bavettes is close if you’re going for the steakhouse experience

3 Likes

I haven’t spent too much time in the west loop but got treated to dinner at Girl and the Goat and it was one of the best meals I have ever had. So many options with the shared plates.

3 Likes

Boqueria is also a great place for shared plates right at Fulton and Halsted.

It’s definitely a cool and unique experience, but may be a little loud if you just want to get dinner and a good night’s sleep. But that was our wedding night and we were pretty wasted/tired by the time we got to bed. Also not a super private bathroom if that’s a concern, at least in the room we had, and I’m pretty sure we had the biggest room.

2 Likes

Bavette’s is my favorite steakhouse, maybe restaurant generally, in Chicago. Swift & Sons will get it done in West Loop if you want a straight steakhouse and don’t want to go far - the old fashioned cart is a nice touch. You should definitely check out Lazy Bird, which is the basement cocktail lounge in the Hoxton itself.

6 Likes

Lazy Bird is dope.

1 Like

Confirm Bavette’s for steak. Gilt next door is same group for backup and has some overlap.

2 Likes

That’s a good point, the Ribeye on the gilt bar menu is comparable to any steak i have had a Bavette’s but pretty sure that is your only steak option there. You can never go wrong with the burger if you end up there.

1 Like

Posted this in the Breakfast Ball thread but wanted to share with the wider Chicago group.

Scroll down for a surprise.

4 Likes

Spoiler. Preview from @Pinehurts

Summary

16 Likes

I can never escape this.

9 Likes

Fully embrace.

1 Like

Results are in, here’s your refuge 2022 favorite public courses in Chicago area

13 Likes

Last year’s poll for comparison: Roll Call “Chicago” - #5382 by PinkPantser

1 Like

In the first poll 3 years ago Ravisloe got a vote from more than 50% of respondents, this year it got 16%.

Was Ravisloe overrated then or has it truly fallen off that much?

1 Like

Will report back after the event there next Saturday. Last I played it was June '21 and I remember the greens being kinda scruffy.

1 Like

I think it got too popular and now pace is awful

3 Likes

Played Sunday for the first time. It was busy despite the weather and we played right at 4 hours. Seems like they were aware of the pace problems as rangers were out on duty.

3 Likes

Ravisloe pace of play got bad, it wasn’t in great condition the last couple years, and more people either live or are willing to drive north and west?

3 Likes