Roll Call: Central New York

Attention, we are going to apply for a 2024 Roost and we need to see the numbers we have. Please SIGNUP. Signing up doesn’t commit you to anything, but gives us an idea of the numbers we are looking at for potential involvement. 2023 Matchplay was a success with 14 players. And we hope to expand out next year.

Sharing one more time. The app has to be in by the 30th. Please sign up. Numbers hello. It doesn’t commit you to anything just says you are interested.

Saw there are 15 names in the doc right now, how does that number compare to last year?

1 Like

We didn’t apply last year. 2 years ago the SIGNUP had over 20. But they go off from best members also. The old SIGNUP i can’t open. We had 14 folks in Matchplay this year. Had a couple small meetups. Right now the activity favors Buffalo, hoping to get more east siders. Maybe have 2 brackets

1 Like

@JaredESmith go sign up!

1 Like

Signed up! Where’s @Purdy7227?

2 Likes

He and @Weavtang and @Asrjump5 are in!

2 Likes

We also have a whatsapp chat if interested. Feel free to join.

Hi all

Wasn’t sure where to post this so guess here will do.

Heading New York on Tuesday, sadly no golf, here for a few nights with the mrs. If someone could recommend some good bars that would be great. Staying in Brooklyn.

Appreciate this is vague and it’s a huge place.

Get into this thread for NYC info. Central NY is hours from there. Although I’m sure folks might have tips, this thread isn’t highly active and direct to the city folk should be the way you go.

Check my previous post.

1 Like

top man, thanks.

Is the right Roll Call for me? I’m in the Albany NY area.

Hi there. Likely yes but not super active. Feel free to check out the WNY thread or the NYC metro.

If you do want to play out west (Buffalo/Roc/Syr) we have a WhatsApp that’s pretty active.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I’m in a Nest dessert here in the capitol region. Well it may be a long watch at the outpost, but I’ll keep an eye out for friendly faces.

2 Likes

I wanted to shout out @MerchCzar for setting a goal to get out and play golf in the rest of New York State on the goals pod. I highly recommend Enjoie Golf Club in Endicott and Mark Twain in Elmira. Two of the best public courses in the state as far as value for money

5 Likes

The Southern Tier has some great golf. I really enjoyed Conklin when I played there.

3 Likes

I like Conklin’s layout but it’s not walkable and when you compare the price to the competitors it’s hard to put it too high on my list.

I liked playing there once a year in high school but hated walking it. Same thing with Endwell Greens.

1 Like

When Enjoie flooded in 2011 on the first day of school they moved all our matches to Endwell greens for the rest of the season. Walking 9 holes in late October in the rain there was miserable

1 Like