Roll Call: Central New York

Anybody in the CNY region?

I’m in CNY. About 25 miles west of Syracuse. Not a member at any clubs; i like to travel and see the great course in the area.

Grew up in Binghamton, NY but live in Michigan now. Always looking for people to play with when I’m back home.

1 Like

Hey all Central New Yorkers! Wanted to see how many of us are on here. I love golf and was looking to meet more people to play in 2020! I’m always free for a round and ill be checking up on this frequently during the golf season.

Where do you normally play?

I’m moving to East Syracuse this summer. Gonna be looking to play at as many different places as possible to decide if I want to join a club there.

Where has everyone been playing so far this year? I’ve played all my round so far at Enjoie but I’m thinking about heading over to Elmira to play mark twain at some point. Not many Donald Ross tracks you can play for under $50.

You should go check out Thendera in Old Forge walking 18 is $40. The front nine was done by Donald Ross and the back nine by Russell Bailey.

1 Like

I’ve heard good things about Thendara but never gotten up there

585r here, I know it’s not central but I’m just west of ROC. Thought I would pop in. See what you 315rs get into.

Awesome strapped course that we can play, Northern Pines, no great architechs, but a fun little challenge. LMK

1 Like

I’ve only played the front 9 there and I enjoyed it. Everyone shits on the course that I have talked to at other courses but I enjoyed it. Playing from the back tees definitely made it harder.

I do have to say I loved Green Lakes Golf Course. I walked it and thought I would die, but I had so much fun.

Green lakes is a great state course, and its a tough walk, but I shot my PR of 71, which is -1, so I have a special connection

Yeah I loved that place. Only played the front 9 so far. Playing there again on Sunday with my brother. It might be my favorite course I have played. There was just something about it. My 9 hole score was terrible, but it is definitely a special place.

Have you ever played links at erie village, close to home so I assume maybe

Yeah last month. I really liked there too. I played on a super windy day so it was tough going, but enjoyed it. I like all the courses I’ve played in this area since moving here in August.

The only course I felt was mediocre was Rogues Roost West. It wasn’t bad in my opinion, just not as good as the others.

I 100% agree, kind of a tough conditioned course, and kind of benigne

Hey all, member out of skaneateles cc… however green lakes is a top track in my opinion of central NY. The refugee count for our part of NY isn’t large but i like to think its strong!

anyone have any plans for winter?

In January a buddy and I are looking at going up to Turning Stone Dome for the range, short course, and simulators.

Roc area here, be playing til the snow is fully covered the ground. Then some indoor stuff and basement practice but hopefully snowmobiling.