Roll Call: Central California

Glad I found this, just joined the refuge. First post, live in Lemoore, ca. originally from Sacramento. Play all over CA though. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

3 Likes

This thread is alive!!! Welcome @JSteeb I’m
paddy. I live in Modesto. We don’t have too many of us in the Pit of the valley, so we gotta stick together.

I’m going to PM u some deets.

2 Likes

Navy?

Yea, 14 years all here in Lemoore. Aviation Ordnance.

2 Likes

I’m in Fresno. Always down for a game.

Moving to Bakersfield at the end of the month. Let’s see what it’s all about.

2 Likes

Where you moving from, Toasty?

The San Fernando valley!!

1 Like

So you’re used to………Toasty weather. Just wanted to make sure before Bakersfield summer hits.

Finally joined up. Play out of Sunnyside CC in Fresno. Happy to host or travel for a game. :beers:

1 Like

I played in the match play there last week. Great club. Really is the friendliest in town.

Hey John! Welcome. Sunnyside is so pure. We have a few folks sprinkled amongst the Fresno-Modesto corridor. Holla anytime you’re looking for a game.

1 Like

I had a credit on golf now for the usa that had to be used by mid sept.
searched around and made a booking.
its for pacific grove on sept 14 at 1220 pm for a twosome.
free.
dm me for the details.
maybe @greebs can direct it to a good cause.

My man, that would be awesome, but I will be ready to head to Wisconsin and clubs will be shipped already. Worth posting in the Bay Area Golfers roll call as well. PG is super fun.

Hey Central California gang,

Just a reminder that if you are a Nest member and are not currently in our RACDG NorCal Roost group and want to be added, please shoot me a DM. Once added, you will have access to our group page here

If you are currently not a Nest member and want to be in the Roost, please pop over to the Nest Signup page and #getinvolved. DM me once you have signed up.

Thanks all.

Been itching to get out to Ridge Creek in Dinuba. Anyone have any input? Looks like a fun layout. Been wanting to check it off my list.

Slap me around and call me Susan if this is the wrong thread but looking for some takes from you Central Cal folks on courses to play in February after receiving this text/pic of our kids from my wife:

Background:
*Our first visit was approx. 3 years ago and we had a great time in/around San Fran and then down to Carmel.
*This past July, we did Carmel and Yosemite with the kids and also had a great time
*The above text has set off a 2024 plan to come out in February with no kids.

We are planning to stay at Half Moon Bay Lodge for the whole trip and I’m planning to play the Ocean Course while we are there. I will probably play 1 more day somewhere else in the area but I don’t think the Old Course is going to be worth the price tag compared to the Ocean course. Also I don’t plan to venture more than 1 hour away from HMB or sell a kidney to afford to play a golf course (looking at you Pebble Beach).

All suggestions welcome and TYFYS

1 Like

I think Pasatiempo might have the full 18 open in February. New greens on the front 9 and old greens on the back. I think in April they’ll shut down the back 9 for the green restoration. Its not cheap, but definitely cheaper than pebble.

2 Likes

This is the answer. I really can’t think of another place I’d play from half moon. I mean Sharp Park in Pacifica is Mackenzie bones, but is not in very good shape and can be quite a rustic experience.

2 Likes

In February it also might be underwater.

Can never go wrong with Pasatiempo

2 Likes