Roll Call: Central California

Bit late on this one but I take lessons from Jake Kawaguchi at Riverside in Fresno and he has helped my game a lot.

2 Likes

You live in Fresno, Mario?

I do indeed

2 Likes

Hey guis……just FYI:

1 Like

How do I add myself to the roll call?

1 Like

Hey folks - spending Thanksgiving in Pismo Beach with my family. Where should we play?

That part of the state might as well be Mars to me. But here is a little resource to use. I check this site when I’m going to play a new course to see what this guy has to say.

1 Like

Just a heads up, guis. Pop in and say hi.

Here’s some insight from a buddy.

Above and beyond. Appreciate it!

Echo this…Monarch for sure. If you have other non-golfers that want to go with you, sea pines in Morro Bay is kind of a fun/goofy little pitch and putt in a neat setting.

Depending on your driving direction and time, you could hit either of the two Graves courses nearby… La Purisima (30-45 mins) or Sandpiper (1hr-1:15)

If you’ve never been to pismo before, you have to hit splash cafe for clam chowder…and Old West Cinnamon Rolls for (I shit you not) the best baked good you will ever eat.

2 Likes

Hey everyone! I am new to the Refuge. I live in Lodi and mainly play around here and Stockton. I normally play between Sac, Livermore, and Modesto.

Let me know if you’re in the area and want to play a round.

1 Like

In the New Refuge, can we please restrict @GremlinGolfer to just one CA Roll Call thread?

1 Like

The day you actually come to central California for a visit is the day I’ll stop making new roll call threads.

Hit up splash cafe on the first night and the clam chowder was great. Also had the maple bacon cinnamon roll at old west the next morning…and then the next two mornings after that.

Ended up playing at Avila Beach (detonated) and Cypress Ridge (really liked). Monarch was booked pretty tight for the whole weekend.

1 Like

Awesome! Both those places are “must stops” for us on the way down the coast. Stop at splash for lunch and buy a dozen rolls to go and share with people wherever we’re going.

Never played at either course. Great weather all week/weekend, though…so it was probably killer out there.

1 Like

I apologize in advance if this is totally dumb or posted in the wrong place (and please feel free to tell me if that’s the case)…

I have a Duke’s Club membership to the Pebble Beach courses (Pebble, Spyglass, Spanish, Del Monte) but I live out of state. Not only are the normal rates for Duke’s members pretty good ($240 for Spyglass, $170 for Spanish, $48/$63 for Del Monte), but this year they have been doing some really great additional offers. For example, I played Spyglass for $225 and Spanish for $135 in July, and they are currently running a promo where you get Pebble Beach and Spyglass for $450 if you play Pebble Dec. 24th or 25th and Spyglass by the end of January.

Anyway, point is, if anyone lives within, let’s say 1.5 hours of Pebble, and is willing to put me up for a few nights, I’d be more than happy to bring you along as my guest and pass the Duke’s Member rates on to you (not much would make me more happy really). If you’re interested, let me know and I’ll hit you up next time I get one of these ridiculous offers from Pebble to see if we can make it happen.

I’m a normal (relatively), married, 34 year old dude who’s just looking for a less expensive way to play those awesome golf courses and looking for some Californians/NLUers to play them with.

2 Likes

My buddy and i have a tee time on Wendesday in Stockton at Oakmoore GC at 10 am. Looking for two more to join, if anyone is interested. Going to play 2 loops of the 9holer and should literally have the course all to ourselves.

1 Like

Throwback photo to a round of Pebble a couple years ago. Need to get back!

2 Likes