Roll Call: British Columbia

Voted for the first weekend but only because it’s sooner and will have marginally more daylight. I have no summer plans so don’t really care either way. :laughing:

1 Like

Same and same! FYI I’m definitely coming out to play Cordova Bay at some point this summer regardless of getting something larger organized :slight_smile:

So apparently I’m out on the 25/26 weekend. That’s our Men’s Club Championship stroke play weekend.

July 18/19!! I’m game!

So the demand is still crazy for tee times. But I managed to get a foursome on the afternoon of Saturday the 18th at 3:30 pm. Anyone up for some twilight golf?

Yes! I think I’m going to make a bit of a trip to Victoria out of it, so would be up for a Sunday round somewhere as well. 3:30 is great! Summer twilight rounds are my favourite!

Edit: Will likely come in Thursday evening so the Friday would work for me as well for golf

So I also booked 9:10 Sunday morning (the 19th) at Cordova Bay if that works better for anyone.

@Sarah if you’re looking to make a weekend of it, I will look when booking opens up for the other local courses to see what’s available and probably cancel the less popular of the two Cordova times.

1 Like

Awesome! I was considering grabbing a single spot at Highland Pacific Friday

Bump.

@Gogolfing @zoomse Any interest in meeting up for a round at Cordova Bay either Saturday (18th) afternoon at 3:30 or Sunday morning (19th) at 9:10? Or any other BC golfers who might be able to make one of those times?

1 Like

Or Friday at Highland Pacific!

Unfortunately, I am out of town that weekend.

1 Like

Final bump for anyone who wants to join @sarah and I at Cordova Bay on Sunday morning at 9:10. I’ll hold the two extra spots until end of day Tuesday.

1 Like

Love the description from the website! If that doesn’t make you want to play golf in BC!

We, here at Cordova Bay, are proud to offer a relaxed atmosphere, stunning course conditions and spectacular views. The grass is short in the places it should be and long in others. The trees are beautiful to look at and challenging to hit from. Mt. Baker rises imperiously from the horizon, daring you to match its perfection with every shot you hit.

Keep your head down while swinging but up while you’re not. You wouldn’t want to miss the more than 75 species of birds that call Cordova Bay home. You’ll see scores of deer. Now and again you’ll spot mink, otter, rabbits, muskrat, and if you hook it way left on #3 you can meet Freddie and Jack, our resident goats. As a certified Audubon Sanctuary (the first on Vancouver Island, in fact) we offer you wildlife almost as beautiful as the gardens kept by our award winning grounds crew.

1 Like

Sorry guys have one of our club team match tournament, and it’s my Dad’s birthday…enjoy the golf

1 Like

From Vancouver but living in Los Angeles now.
Miss Van a lot!

Favorite courses were Northview (both courses) and Morgan Creek. Used to play Fraserview and UBC a lot too.

Best day trips were Tobiano and Big Sky. These are absolute must plays if you’re in the area. Mind blowing views. Loved Sandpiper too.

1 Like

Morgan Creek, Big Sky, and Sandpiper are definitley on my to-do list for this year. We had a super rainy June but July is starting to be great!

1 Like

If you’ve never done Tobiano it is a must do.
It’s the most awe inspiring course I’ve played in BC.

2 Likes

Going to play there Sunday, veryyyy excited!

2 Likes

Super jealous. That place is sickkkkkk.

I’m super stoked for when I can get out to Vancouver Island again for more golf! (might have to add Olympic View to the list). Fall meetup?