Roll Call: British Columbia

@TBagg I played Cedar Hill on the weekend and I snapped this photo for you. This was a view of my approach into the green.

5 Likes

Amazing… so much worse than I remember! even in winter there’s barely a gap…

1 Like

Second photo to show the trees almost overhanging the front edge.

5 Likes

Testing that 90% air theory?

1 Like

Looks like an awesome itinerary. I live in Winnipeg but am frequently in Kelowna. Will let you know if I’m around! Have you played the courses before? I think I’ve hit almost every one in the area except Kelowna Golf and Country.

1 Like

I have not played any proper kelowna courses, closest I’ve been was vernon.

I have two saturday tee times booked to play 36 at tower ranch so far, 9:10 and 2:30.

We toyed with playing predator but all those rich vancouver retirees are changing the golf landscape in the interior now. Turns out you can no longer play both courses on the same day (or at least can’t on our dates) as they close one course for “the members” each day.

I think the same story is playing out at kgcc, members only now, rounds are up, member waitlist must be long, so they don’t need the commoners any more. So no dice on that front.

We’re dodging april 26th aeration at the okanagan golf club courses so they’re out too. Looking like we’re aiming for black mountain for friday, then trying to hit both courses at gallaghers sunday.

Always happy to round out the foursome.

1 Like

I played up at Predator last September and can confirm they only let us plebs play 1 course per day. I don’t think this is standard policy, but when I played the Ridge Course and went in to see what they could do for reply rate they let us go around again for free. Maybe its because it was later in the day, we only got about 12 holes in on the next go around - we could have finished more but caught the pack of all the twilight golfers trying to finish.

Black Mountain is a good switch up from Bear/Quail. Black Mountain is a bit more zany, but as someone from the prairies I think hitting mega downhill/uphill shots are a fun novelty.

If you want a break from some of the altitude changes The Harvest is beautiful and has an amazing lake view. Its half private and I haven’t played in a few years so I’m not sure about their current policy/rates. Everyone likes to charge you at least an arm and a leg these days.

1 Like

This was the Harvest - camera doesn’t quite do the lake view justice.

3 Likes

I posted this hole in the Yuck Club thread and there are a surprising number of people defending it (who have all never played it).

1 Like

Likely the same people who enjoy water all around the greens on all sides. Pure sadists. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it would help if the trees weren’t bare in the picture that you shared

1 Like

Apparently someone built Cedar Hills in 2k21… can confirm they share the disdain for those trees

3 Likes

So we have times now for the rest of the quick trip. Only foil still remains the fun 9 at pinnacle for sunday afternoon fun.

Have three booked in at black mountain friday at 12:30, tower saturday 9:10/2:30, then gallaghers for 11:33, hoping to sort a pinnacle 9 for 4:30ish.

Happy to see so many courses letting the bookings flow now. Great reception from all the folks I’ve spoken with.

Hi BC Golfers!

I wanted to share this article with you all. Elk Island Golf Course may be no more. It seems that the course quietly closed in 2021/2022 and the third party operator has ceased operations. The course may be repurposed if the Park deems necessary.

You can help save Elk Island Golf Course by reading the article below, sending it to your friends/family, and filling out the survey linked to the Parks Canada website. There is a specific question about the golf course!

Let me know if you have any feedback.

2 Likes

Cross Post from the Duck Club thread for visibility

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/season-championship-season-2/79476/87?u=jimmay

2 Likes

In the hopes streamlining communication and removal of excess emails, Mayhem GC is pleased to introduce “The Mayhem Monthly” - this is going to be our Coles notes of recent events as well as showcasing the coming month’s events & sign ups. A relatively quick & fun way to keep up to date with everything Mayhem. Here is our first edition!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kA7iWFa_IWObK_OlViU9dO5U58mjW7i9/view?usp=share_link

4 Likes

Looks great @TBagg thanks for putting it together.

2 Likes

Hello All, located out in South Surrey, play most of my golf where I can find a tee time, looking forward to being part of a golf community

4 Likes

Join the Mayhem crew!! (@TBagg )

would love to… how?