Roll Call: British Columbia

I feel like TBagg & the Dirty Niblicks is a great band name from the 60s/70s.

2 Likes

Just listened to pod today - we’ve come a long way in less than 12 months. Excited for 2023 season and all that will entail.

2 Likes

After listening to the Trap Draw’s Chop Session with @Randy and @Tron, I cannot see any reason they are not heading to the BC Coast for this event. As we pointed out already, it will be a Woman’s National Open at a great course, Vancouver has Michelin restaurants…

and we do have our hot dog buns in bags of a half dozen…come on Gents.

I will add…a great minor league ball park, a great Ferry system to hop over to Vancouver Island, and the Butchart Gardens…as pointed out on a previous Trap Draw…top 5 Botanical Garden in the world.

Any absence will be seen as a slight to our great nation…and sorry for our Boys’ performance in the President’s Cup.

6 Likes

Not to mention really good coffee shops and gourmet donuts!

1 Like

And as an American visiting - it’s Black Friday every day as it’s all 40% off!!

2 Likes

Winter Sucks! Played 18 at Nanaimo Golf Club on Saturday, all greens open and course dry…now a foot of damn snow! Boooooo!
I have 2 weeks off and was hoping for a normal non-COVID Christmas and good weather to golf…here’s hoping #1 still plays out.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree with you except my kids are at the age where this is the perfect winter break weather. I get them out of my house instead of inside saying they’re bored with all the rain!!

2 Likes

I shovelled for an hour yesterday. My back is unhappy today.

4 Likes

I just only left my apartment for a latte. I’m a Vancouver stereotype

4 Likes

Yes it is nice to see the kids enjoying the snow…I just don’t want it for my 2 weeks off :slight_smile:

I was so bored yesterday I was out shovelling other people’s walks. Made for a much better dog walk this morning though.

Also feel terrible for those trying to travel right now.

3 Likes

Yup… my cousin was supposed to go tropical with family yesterday and @MoneyBagg was supposed to take ferry to van. Now their reservation is gone and he has to lineup with two kids for who knows how long in ferry lineups.

3 Likes

I was looking at YVR on FlightRadar24 yesterday. Because flights weren’t going out, planes landing (mostly long-haul) didn’t have gates to go to. Saw flights from India, Japan and New Zealand where the plane landed and then sat on taxiways for over 4 hours. Can’t imagine how frustrating that would be.

2 Likes

Came across this tonight…hoping it gets approved, and could make for some great golf with it and Chambers not too far apart. David McLay Kidd as the proposed architect.

4 Likes

Just got in my car and randomly caught DMK on Seattle sports radio talking about this. Sadly I missed most of it.

1 Like

Happy New Year everyone.

I’m a long time NLU listener/watcher, but have never been a message board guy. In any case, Christmas break always leads me down golfing rabbit holes, and I have found my way back to the NLU message board. Looks like there is a growing community in BC and on the Island where I live (Victoria). I would love to join your conversations, and would be keen to participate in future events.

Sounds like I need to ask to join the Mayhem Roost. If someone is willing to welcome me into the fold, I would be eternally grateful.

Looking forward to a new year of golf and golf conversation.

6 Likes

Nice to have another Island member on here!

Welcome to the Refuge and the Mayhem GC Roost.
I’ve added you to the roost so you can now go the Mayhem Message Forum and see what’s going on.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/c/community/mayhem-gc/51

Feel free to DM me if you have any questions - and keep your eyes open for upcoming events… there is something in the works for the island…

1 Like

Mayhem GC Roost Announcement

Thanks to the hard work & interest of Gogolfing (Scott), MarkInVictoria (Mark) & MoneyBagg(Mark) - Mayhem GC is pleased to announce the formation of our Roost’s newest chapter - “Island Mayhem”.

The purpose of Island Mayhem is to create local meetup opportunities for our Vancouver Island Roost members.

(credit: dfrtn for logo design)

Island Mayhem is being run by Scott & the two Mark’s.
Head over the Mayhem GC forum to find the link to the sign up sheet. If you don’t have access to Mayhem GC forum yet then send me a DM and I will get you hooked up.

For 2023 - the plan is a 3-event series with a cumulative winner. However, each event will be run independantly so it’s not mandatory to attend all 3 events in order to participate. If you can only make one event then come on out.

Event Dates: Victoria (April 29 or 30); Duncan (May 27 or 28); Nanaimo (Jun 25)

“The Top ““NEST”” member finisher in the Island Mayhem Series will earn a MAYHEM REGIONAL REP spot in our Regional Championship vs PNW Crew & NorCal.”
Additional Prizes & Titles… details to be worked out.

Lower Mainlanders are welcome as well if you want to make the trip over!

5 Likes

@duncmitchell May 27-28 is that you? I am 90% sure I will be coming to Victoria on the 28th for a conference. Definitely bringing my sticks if I am going.

Scott, Mark, and Mark. As the above note indicates I am likely travelling from Ontario for a work conference in May and will be looking for a game or two. Thinking Bear Mountain might be a good spot. Would love to coordinate a game.

3 Likes

Not me - the town of Duncan!

Easily confused, although I’m a more fun hang.

4 Likes