Roll Call: British Columbia

Also, does anyone have any solid recommendations for lessons in the greater Vancouver area? (Have clubs, will travel) I saw Modern golf mentioned a few posts ago, and Cody’s a cool dude, took some lessons with him last year, but looking for a different fit.

You could talk to Patrick Lago at the Lago academy. They work out of Westwood Plateau. I have heard good things. @dfrtn likes the coaches at Redwoods but I don’t remember names…

1 Like

Matt Cella at the Rob Holding Academy in Richmond OUR TEAM – ROB HOULDING GOLF is a very good golf coach. He used to be here on the Island and I was very disappointed when he moved to the Mainland.
He is very professional and has done work with many well known teaching pros from the States who you would recognize in an effort to get better at his craft.

Chris Martens at Morgan Creek also very good. He was a long time Assistant Pro at Nanaimo Golf Club where I am a member, and he moved there last year. My son got lessons from him while he was a Junior; he’s good at seeing what is needed and can explain things very well in simple terms as to where you need to get to. Professional Golf Coaches | Morgan Creek Golf Course

1 Like

I have been going to Jorden Fletcher at Redwoods. Great teacher for me, didn’t push a swing change just tweaks to my current swing. Ive done about 15 lessons over two years. Handicap from 18 down to 10 in that two year span. Relaxed vibe, no tech besides slow mo swing recordings (a benefit in my books).

I took some lessons elsewhere in the past and I was told I needed to blow up my swing and start from scratch. It put me a few years out into the woods both literally and figuratively.

1 Like

Mayhem Roost Tour sign up is now live in the Mayhem Roost - season starts in April. If you would like to join and don’t have access to the Mayhem GC Roost page let me know and I’ll add you.

Link to the Sign Up Thread

3 Likes

Sign Up is now Open for our First Roost Meetup in March. The sign up sheet is located in the Mayhem Roost Category. If you need access to it let me know and I will add you. Looking forward to it.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/march-meetup-9-holes-at-hampton-cove/68467?u=tbagg

1 Like

April Roost Meetup - all are welcome!! You don’t have to be a Roost member to come and join us for a fun round of golf.

Click Here for Sign Up Sheet

Thanks to @dfrtn on the poster!!

Cost is $71.95 which includes $10 (50/50 Birdie Draw). Great price for Sunday golf.

4 Likes

Nice!

Has anyone played Peace Portal under the new owners/have they done anything to make it better yet?

They should call it the Giant Ditch at Peace Portal.

1 Like

I think new ownership was in past couple months so I doubt anything has changed yet. Clubhouse is apparently under renovation… I am hoping to get out there and have a round soon and check things out.

I still have anger from the 5th hole that is a par-4 448 yard hole. And that’s from the white tees!! Probably the hardest par 4 in the lower mainland for anyone over a 10HC. (Close competition with #14 at Burnaby mountain)

Hope you can make it out to this one and if not one of our other meetups.

2 Likes

Just need to check with the better half which weekends in April we are going away and if I’m in town I will definitely be there!

1 Like

Maybe for me. Might have jet lag to contend with

1 Like

When do you need final numbers by? I’m considering coming over from the island for this but not 100% sure just yet.

1 Like

Jet lag?? Going on a trip? I’m booking my family’s first travel for end of summer and looking forward to it.

Put your name on the list if you want - I have 32 spots held and will update them probably 10 days before. If something changes let me know. I’m trying to convince my brother to come from Victoria as well (coincidentally his name is Mark…)

1 Like

Current plan is getting in from Scotland on the 20th

1 Like

That is on the bucket list one day for sure… hope you have good weather!!

1 Like

Went to Golf Town in Langley today, they had a bunch of sales on premium balls (I assume this is happening at other locations too). Last year’s tp5x were on sale for $35 - felt like a steal for a ball priced as premium 12 months ago.

They have it online as well. Lots of different buy 3 get 1 free deals. Got 4 dozen Chrome Soft X LS for 45/dozen after tax and they were delivered in 2 days

Solid :+1: I can’t remember the last time I bought an actual box of balls, usually just hit up golfballs.ca at the start of the season and grab a 50 pack of last years models of something. They’ve got a location in Richmond so you can pick em up if shippings not your thing.

I’ve allways gotten the mint ones, and if they’ve been hit, I can’t tell. Tons of logos for companies and whatnot, but it’s no nevermind to me.

Excited to be able to go play golf down in Blaine/Bellingham again next week.

It’s a shame Semiahmoo went back fully private.

1 Like