Roll Call: Bloomington/Normal

Some great stuff on there! Rivian tour is very enticing if I could round up a group for it. Definitely going to keep my eye on a few things throughout the weekend.

Hope the day goes smooth and weather holds off! Haven’t looked at any forecasts but looked quite dark and hit a few spots of rain on my drive into the office.

1 Like

So far it’s beautiful! Fingers crossed everything goes north of us.

3 Likes

Bidding on some items, this is awesome!!

EDIT also shout out to Farmer. Did he donate the print? Seen them a few times in the Chicago area, always a fun show.

2 Likes

Thanks man!! Chicago Farmer is a good show - he didn’t donate the print though. Just a friend who saw it and thought it was cool! A local printing shop did the design for the poster, so they sold a limited quantity.

We got all the golf in today - two 18 hole shotgun starts with no delays and just some brief drizzle in the afternoon session. Nothing a few beverages can’t assist with!

Oh and thanks as always to the Nest!!!

7 Likes

Thinking next year is the year we get a Nest/Refuge group out there!

5 Likes

I would absolutely love to see a Refuge group in the event one of these years! I know scrambles aren’t the favorite format around here, but we do our best to put on a good one and keep things moving despite the number of golfers. I’d love to see a Refuge group fire up a winning score (this year the best was -15) and take home some of these next year:

4 Likes

They have trophies for adults! Do want!

1 Like

I know its a bit of a drive but I wanted to throw out that I have 2 spots open at Fyre Lake in Sherrard IL if anyone wants to join. 10:48am on Saturday.

2 Likes

Anybody want to play Ironwood on Saturday(Jun 24) at 7:12 AM?

I know it’s early, but it was the last available morning tee-time. It will be my first time playing the course, so I appreciate any local knowledge!

1 Like

Can’t join in, but have fun! Ironwood is a solid city-owned course that is pretty spread out and winds through a neighborhood. It’s flat, but walking is tough bc of long distances between holes. I used to play it back when it was pretty new and you could cut a lot of corners since the trees were all saplings. Now it’s a bit tougher, but still some good opportunities to take an aggressive angle (like 18). Overall a solid, not spectacular course but the price is about right. Enjoy!

Would’ve offered the extra bedroom at my place up for our guy @MondayQInfo !

6 Likes

Literally up the street from my house. @MondayQInfo if you need anything, let me know.

5 Likes

Thanks guys! Send any good recs. And if you come out to the APT event please say hello.

4 Likes

Thanks man! Really nice of you. Sleep inn is pretty great, but appreciate the offer. Come out to the apt event and say hello.

4 Likes

Yep! Actually shot you a DM last week on Twitter forgetting you were on here.

Taking a half day today to watch my brother so will be out there before the round starts at 1.

4 Likes

Anybody want to get out this Saturday? Wife is gonna be at a bridal shower and is likely heading up Friday, so hoping to take advantage and get a round in.

I’ve got a pass to Weaver Ridge/Metamora Fields burning a hole in my golf bag but honestly willing to play wherever, in Peoria-area or have no issue to drive and meet/play somewhere else.

1 Like

Are you in the Central Illinois/Peoria area or are willing to drive? Do you want to play some great golf for free.99?

Do I have a deal for you!

As stated above, I’ve got 4 passes to Weaver Ridge and Metamora Fields. They expire 12/31/23. Next weekend (October 6/7) looks like one of my last good chances to get out this year. I’d love to get out and use some passes and since I will likely be unable to use all 4 of them, I’m willing to share the love.

5 Likes

I am interested and would think @RunItOut could be interested as well

2 Likes

I WAS JUST TALKING ABOUT WEAVER RIDGE AT WORK GUIS!!! ITS A SIGN!

2 Likes

3 Likes