Roll Call: Bloomington/Normal

I’ll gladly play second choice to the good Dr, if you are wanting to get down sooner than later I am free both 13th and 20th @grandpa_jones

2 Likes

I’m sure we could push this to an early afternoon situation on the 13th to include the DR. I will wait to hear if this will work. My apologies for not including you in the first place my friend @camgriff2

3 Likes

Graduation should be done around noon. So if we can do early afternoon that would work perfect for me to get changed out of my regalia and to Lick Creek.

1 Like

Well because @RunItOut is an ambitious guy he wants to play in the morning as well. He’s thinking Coyote Creek in Bartonville then Lick Creek in the afternoon. @camgriff2 you interested to join in the morning as well. Any inside info on Coyote Creek would be nice as well.

3 Likes

Coyote Creek is awesome but be ready to lose some balls

4 Likes

No inside info on Coyote Creek, it’s actually on my list to play this summer as well. I’d count me out for the morning, would absolutely love to but have 36 holes planned this weekend. Not going to be able to swing 72 holes in 8 days to the wife when we are headed to Italy at the end of the month.

4 Likes

Coyote Creek is SICK! or at least it was 10 years ago when I played hs tournaments there.

3 Likes

Called to put in tee times and Lick Creek has an outing that Saturday. Let me go back to the drawing board on this one. Will keep everyone posted

To expand on this a little: it places a premium on driving the ball. #3 is a super sick hole through a tight corridor where I’ve seen people hit irons/woods/drivers all OB. It’s truly a kick-your-teeth-in course in all the good ways (imo)

It would be the first course I’d jump at to drive down to Peoria for (besides Mt Hawley, but that ain’t happening again). But at the end of the day it’s all personal preference - not everyone prefers getting their face beat in by a golf course

3 Likes

I routinely get my face kicked in, so sounds like it’s right up my alley. How’s the walk?

3 Likes

Not great, there’s some long walks inbetween holes and a couple steep hills

If I remember correctly I was always huffing on #17 tee, and then you have to regain your breath before going down and up again to get to the fairway

3 Likes

@DrJ @camgriff2 how do you feel about an afternoon round at Madison instead?

3 Likes

I am always down for Madison. Love that track.

2 Likes

Cool with me! Perfect course for the second 18 of a day for you two imo

3 Likes

Coyote isn’t super punishing the whole way around.

It certainly has some tight corridors, but part of the course plays out in the open also.

5 Likes

We got a time for next week?

Spoke with the wife this morning and unfortunately I will have to postpone the Peoria trip. Sorry for getting everyone’s hopes up. Will for sure get done there later this year

2 Likes

Bummer.

@camgriff2 you still want to get out that afternoon?

I’ll have to let you know later on this week. Need to get some yard work done + spent a bit playing this weekend.

1 Like

Hey guis -

It’s that time of year again - today is our family’s big Tee It Up! For The GFPD scramble and our online auction is running all week until Sunday night at 9pm CST. Wanted to share here as there’s plenty of stuff you might be interested in. Good local courses like Arrowhead, Crestwicke, and Weibring. Also a couple of Lawsonia passes. And plenty of bourbon/brewery items to go along with some NLU and TGJ stuff too! Think we have over 160 items total - it’s absolutely ridiculous but I hope we sell it all!

Take a look and thank you for the support!

6 Likes