Roll Call: Bloomington/Normal

Shit, I just looked again and saw the date and Oct. 6-7 I’ll be out of town. Bummer.

1 Like

Damn…

Seems like we’ve got 1 spot open to any lurkers who may be interested. In contact with grandpa jones & run it out to figure out time. Tee times open 7 days out so I’ll likely just book for all 4 and cancel a day or two out.

2 Likes

I’m in! Which course and which tee time for the 6th?

1 Like

Oops sorry, had my dates wrong. We’re doing Weaver Ridge on the 8th, Sunday. Can’t book until this Sunday but planning on doing somewhere around 9:30-10’ish. Hope that still works!!

Awwwwwwwww man :frowning:
In town the 6th and the morning of the 7th

1 Like

Man I feel like an idiot, so sorry!

Gotta check out Weaver, Metamora, Coyote Creek in Bartonville, and I’ve got a good hook up over at Arrowhead (place looks SICK)

Might just need to take a long weekend Peoria trip and then swing over to Weibring and the Den to round it out

5 Likes

Don’t forget you’ve got an in at Pekin CC too. Best greens in the area.

2 Likes

I’m pumped to get out to Weaver again, I know they’ve been doing a ton of work, especially on the back.

Also still need to get out to Coyote Creek, was a goal of mine this summer and it just got away from me sadly.

1 Like

I’m down in Springfield but have plans that weekend so can’t make it.

Howeva…I’m down for a future Coyote Creek trip later this fall or possibly in the spring. Played it quite a bit when I lived up in Peoria area back before they built the upper levels of the clubhouse. Rumor has it there are still dozens of my golf balls in the woods to the right of the 3rd hole. Coyote is a tough course but the conditioning was always good.

3 Likes

Had a chance to play Arrowhead this spring - it was a blast. Out in the middle of nowhere but the back nine especially goes through this wooded area with some tall trees and decent land movement. It’s not super thick woods though and most of it is mowed, so you can still find corridors even if off the fairway. Nothing else surrounds the course either so it’s pretty quiet and remote. Highly recommend it if you have an in.

6 Likes

We got to play it for free for high school tryouts when it first opened. Was an awesome experience, especially as a 17 year old.

1 Like

Last call for anyone who wants to get in on the Kicked in the Teeth Open at Lick Creek in a couple weeks. I’m going to call later this week to cancel any extra tee times.

2 Likes

Also gonna bump our round this Sunday, 10/8. Myself, @RunItOut, and @grandpa_jones , 9:42 AM, Weaver Ridge.

Nice crisp morning for fall golf, looks to be in the 50s-low 60s all day. I booked all 4 but will call and cancel the 4th spot tomorrow or Friday if we don’t get interest.

3 Likes

Tough scene we can’t get a 4th for what’s going to end up being a VERY vibey round of fall golf.

Come on people!

2 Likes

I really wish I could join you guys, but just too much going on this weekend. Should be about perfect fall golf weather though!

3 Likes

Me and some 2CGC guys are making a trip down over the summer to Peoria/Normal and me, being a constant planner, have been looking at different courses to play. Saw on the Kellogg website that they changed up the holes A TON. The layout seems to make a ton more sense now. When I lived down there I remember a few stretches of holes where you’d walk past tee boxes to get to the hole you were supposed to play.

Also missed opporunity not having the old 13 or 14 (whichever one is the downhill approach over water) be the new 18.

5 Likes

so we go out with old holes:
14-18, 1, 11-14

Then In
10, 2-9

If they simply just kept the front 9 the same, then started the back 9 on (current) 14 then they woulda accomplished this superior finish with (current) 13 as “new 18” with that approach over the lake as you suggested.

2 Likes

Awesome, love the advance planning! Let me know what you’re thinking and when - as long as family vacation doesn’t interfere i’d love to join in for at least some of it! And if you need any recent intel on B-N courses, i’ll happily weigh in.

2 Likes

According to my dad this is the original routing.

1 Like