Roll Call: Austin/San Antonio

But it’s still BYOD (bring your own drugs)

Mo Willy greens are cursed! There is no other answer. They get lost every year, at multiple times, and no other GolfATX course has this issue. (Hancock excepted, because, come on.) (I understand it is likely there is some weird soil/grass thing.) (I wish the Bluebonnet super took his talents to Mo Willy, that would have been cool.)

3 Likes

And the beers are like $3, which seems cheap compared to the average beer in this town. Which is sad. Beer inflation is real!

1 Like

Beer inflation is real!

This is why I switched to liquor, too much bloating with the suds

1 Like

Played Lions today and it was in as good condition as I’ve ever seen.

11 Likes

Hey everyone! New to the group. I live in north Austin and tend to play the courses up this way, but branch out from time to time. I usually get out as a single, but hoping to find some new folks to play with.

I’ve dabbled in the Refuge in the past, but trying to be more active these days. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

4 Likes

@RMcCall that is your theme music.

1 Like

Welcome @justchris

Here’s the WhatsApp link. Jump in there and you’ll find a game in no time.

Awesome. Thanks guys!

Played Star Ranch this weekend and she purdy. The greens were in excellent condition but awfully slow. They’ve achieved this odd combination of firmness and slowness that had me questioning the sharpness of my pitch mark tool. It was also refreshing to not chip off dormant bermuda.

3 Likes

Nice! I’ve always liked Star Ranch. I don’t get out there too often for whatever reason, but it’s always a pretty good time. Usually in decent shape, never had an issue with the pace, etc. Just an all around good walk from my experience. If nothing else, I want to get out there soon to see what’s up with these greens haha.

1 Like

Does anyone know a club builder in the area? I attempted to glue a set of MP-32s. Long story short, it’s really embarrassing to ask everyone to hold so you can scrape your 7-iron head off the driving range.

1 Like

PGA superstore is going to do mine here in a couple days. 8 clubs for 100$

I can help you. South Austin. Where you at?

New to the group. Andrew here 10 handicap back in the game after six years off. Just moved to San Antonio in 2021. Usually go off as a single hoping to meet some new golf friends.

6 Likes

welcome!

Welcome Andrew.

We have a pretty strong Whatsapp group for Austin / San Antonio. Great place to get involved with local golf chat and find groups to play with.

1 Like

Amazing, thank you. I too am in South Austin. Still waiting on new ferrules and grips to arrive but I’ll message you once I’ve gathered everything.

I almost don’t even recognize it. Amazing.

3 Likes

Hello everybody,
I’m new to Austin and the Refuge, but after joining the group chat and reading the constitution, I think I’m in the right place lol.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Certus et celer

6 Likes