Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

If either of you two want them, they are yours. First come, first-served. @Jim_Sand is the other Refugee penciled in for that day, who is from the Nashvile Roll Call.

You’d be playing with me, @tippy, and 3 other non Nest people. Or you can play on our own. We just want to give the all day passes to good people from The Refuge or the Broken Tee Society instead of releasing them to the wild.

1 Like

Is it one or multiple passes? I’m confirmed to go by the wife :slight_smile:

We have two passes available on 4/6.

1 Like

@jan42dk and I will take the 2 for 4/6. Looking forward to it!

3 Likes

Hell yeah, glad to have you both aboard!

If @Jim_Sand or @ChuckV247 bail (they are currently penciled in), we might have 2 more spots, one on 4/5 and one on 4/6 any anyone else who might be interested.

4 Likes

I am getting more 60/40 for that day, which is very nice. I won’t play worth a shit, but dammit, I am going to have fun.

Only thing that would prevent me from coming would be weather

1 Like

WEATHER?!
:triumph: :triumph: :triumph:

For real though, you mind giving us a heads up 72 hours in advance so we don’t eat the $100 or the cancellation fee?

1 Like

I’ll 100% do that. Work would be the only thing keeping me out and I’ll know by the Friday before… and I’ve blocked it out in the hope that it sticks.

1 Like

If one of them bails I’ll take their spot

1 Like

I’m not convinced you two work anymore. The plethora of weekday golf you play is sensational.

10 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve been on this block for months. If I’d have known there were jobs that allowed for 2-4 weekday rounds of golf I’d never have gone to law school.

4 Likes

Atlanta crew -

I am moving from New York to Atlanta this summer for a new job, start date July 5. Moving with my girlfriend who is a tennis player (I also play a lot of tennis). Finding a good club - golf and tennis are priorities, pool/social secondary - is very important for us. My office is in Norcross, and I am looking to live relatively nearby there, and would like the club to be nearby also.

My boss is on the membership committee at The Standard Club, so I know I could get in there, and it’s cheap. I liked the course and facilities, but didnt blow me away. Also, I am 34 years old.

Any and all opinions welcome, I know next to nothing about the area.

Thanks and look forward to linking up for some games soon!

2 Likes

Dunwoody CC and Atlanta Athletic Club have the best tennis facilities in metro Atlanta IMO. Both would be close to your office. Dunwoody used to have an awesome deal if you were under 36, but since the beginning of COVID, their waitlist has become ridiculous. Not sure what the new membership situation is at AAC, but I’d recommend getting in touch ASAP as I think 35 is their next bump up in cost. Good luck and welcome!

4 Likes

Really depends your price point. @GeneralQuinn is a member at Standard and can prob answer any golf specific questions. Dunwoody CC is prob the best CC for tennis focus, but that shit ain’t cheap!

Nice - thanks guys. I did play The Standard Club and enjoyed the course, they punched greens recently so that was a bummer, but the guys I played with said that the course is in great condition over the next few months.

Price is really going to be key, I already reached out to AAC and will check Dunwoody also. Definitely not looking to spend >$40k initiation at this point.

This basically leaves you with 2 options in the areas you mentioned. Standard and Rivermont (we have quite a few members at both). Similar price points, but Rivermont is strictly golf only. I assume Standard is going to be the better fit based on wanting the GF to get some inclusion… can always look into ALTA as well: https://www.altatennis.org/

Both will have waitlists (3-6 months) but if you boss can pull some strings, that may be your answer!

1 Like

I’m dumb and totally forgot about Horseshoe Bend CC. It is in the same general area. I’ve never actually been there for golf or tennis, but a friend of mine, Ryan Hughes, is one of the new tennis pros there. Great guy and fantastic golfer, as well! He should be able to give you the scoop. I suspect it is cheaper than DCC or AAC.

2 Likes