Roll Call: Alberta

I’m down for May. Sooner is better, right?

Would be interested! Played both links and old course last year and enjoyed em!

I’ve only played what I think is the old course? On the east side of the highway.

Either of the first two weekends in May could work for me. My mom’s selling her house very soon and depending on the closing dates I may have to keep some availability around there for that.

If we could swing it, I’d love to try playing 36.

2 Likes

Yeah either first couple of weekends in May would work!

1 Like

I enjoyed links a bit better of the two. Old is feeling a little long in the tooth now.

Finally remembered to track this thread since I moved back west. Very much looking forward to a Wolf Creek run - it’s been about 8 years since I was there, I think…

Alas, I’ll be back home in the UK in early May, so I’ll push for rd 2 in June / July. But looking forward to meeting the AB gang in the coming months.

4 Likes

Cool, you’re in Calgary with most of the others?

1 Like

Yessir - just moved back after 3ish years in Ontario. Was in Calgary from 2010 to late-2018 before that. Happy to be “home”!

No clue where I’ll play the majority of my golf this year. Really hitting home how spoiled I was in SW Ontario for a mix of truly killer golf courses, and excellent value (and sometimes both - shoutout Tarandowah). Likely just re-connect with a ton of public golf, play when and where I can, and see what shakes out from there. I have a ton of flexibility with work schedules too, so if ever anyone is looking for a short notice game mid-week, hit me up…

1 Like

Well mom’s house is sold, as a result I’ll be out of the province may 6-8.

2nd weekend in May is my new favourite weekend for wolf creek golf.

1 Like

I think I’m good to book off one of those days.

Hi guys, new refuge member here! Been a NLU fan for about a year now and only just got around to joining. I moved to Edmonton from South Africa about 2.5 years ago. Last season played pretty much by myself which sucked so hoping to #getinvolved with a group of regulars in the Edmonton area. I have the CCT membership (indoor and outdoor) so those are the courses I generally play. Right now I go to the CCT indoor center downtown pretty often so if anyone wants some company there, hit me up!

Looking forward to getting out there and launching ‘em once the last of the snow melts

3 Likes

My man! You’re speaking my language.

Welcome I’m part of the edmonton posse and would love to get out and hit with you sometime. I’ve been going to the cct indoor all winter which has been great. Always looking to grow the golf crew. I’m actually playing in my 2nd four man scramble this weekend at cct with @cav007 the other e-town guy on here.

I’ve been in the city for a while myself but also moved from out of town like most so don’t have many long time buddies to draw upon and no one golfs in my work circles or wife’s friend group.

I’m excited. Shoot me a dm and we can get some contact info sorted.

2 Likes

We’re inching closer to a full slate for a battle of Highway 2 match.

2 Likes

I foresee an epic Calgary vs. Edmonton match.

3 Likes

Always good to see the crew out west get some members!

1 Like

Count me in for the Wolf Creek run too

Anybody here ever play in a Alberta Golf Tour Event? Just curious what the experience was like.

Other then the Alberta Golf Tour and “Alberta Golf” Run events (Am/MidAm) not sure if there is any tournament play that can be done around the province.

Also curious, they look interesting, a fair premium for the events themselves especially at some courses though. I’m also interested in playing some events or competitions but my humble skills preclude any real looks at proper amateur events.

Outside of club play it is a little slim for the avg joes for competition options.

I have been playing on the AGT for the last 10 years. It is a really good time. Serious in the way that the rules matter. But not serious in the way the you can’t enjoy yourself. The pressure is real. The nerves are real. and yes missing a 6" putt really sucks. Leah is awesome. If you want to play some competitive golf and have a great time doing in. I highly recommend.

Like Banjoepete said, there are not a lot of options out there. But this one would be the one that you want to play

4 Likes

Interesting, thanks for the feedback. I will look into playing one or two this year I think.

Lack of options for tournament/competitive golf outside being a member of a club is hopefully a great incentive for an Alberta/ Prairie Roost to start up soon.