Roll Call: Alberta

From Drew in the original post -

My goal is to get Duck Clubbers coast-to-coast (and our cross border brothers and sisters) involved! We will put together a virtual tournament on Golf Genius (thanks to our expert Colin!), whereby we all go to our local Trackman Indoor Facility and compete head to head on one day. Hopefully we can get a group of Duck Clubbers at a bunch of regional Trackman Facilities (co-ordinate this locally in your region)! If we try to co-ordinate tee times, we can have a somewhat live leaderboard on GG.

In the spirit of the NLU Roosts, I’m going to recommend a $5 entry fee to go to charity for this event. The quota winner will choose the charity of their choice and the sum of the entry fees will be donated to that charity! Etransfer your entry fee / donations to the.djmkm.wilsons@gmail.com

Details:

Date - Sunday March 5th 1:00 – 4:00 pm ET (we can have the GG tournament open all day, to accommodate various time zones)

Course – St. Georges G&CC (home of the 2022 Canadian Open)

Format – Quota game, individual scores

Quarterback – we’ll need a QB / leader for each Trackman Facility to co-ordinate tee times with the Facility and enter GG scores, please let me know if you can take this responsibility at your Facility

Sign up at on the events tracker – please provide your name, email address, tee preference Black/Blue/White/Gold/Red, name and location of Facility you intend to play out of and whether you’ll be a Facility QB

Deadline for signup and entry fee payment is Feb 27th.

Hopefully we can get a great turnout!!

Out of town skiing this weekend unfortunately, I’d like to do the nationwide event if I’m around though.

Sorry, yeah - that’s what I’m referring to. Sunday March 5th!

I could be down. I’ll consult with the northernmost gang. Fun excuse to get back to that bougie facility.

2 Likes

I was honestly trying to figure out how I make an Edmonton run for it - to see the squad (obviously) but also to hit that place again!

Confident that isn’t going to fit the schedule, but I can squeeze it in down here.

Oh perfect, ya I should be able to work that I think, where in the city has trackman sims? Golf Future?

1 Like

Golfuture, and Vector too. Vector looks slightly quieter maybe? If a couple more guys chime in I’ll try and book early. Both appear to be 10-14 days max, but maybe a call with the details (national event, raising a few bucks for charity) they’ll let me lock in.

I am tentatively for this. I have to try and juggle some things around so will let you know when by next week if I am a go.

1 Like

Giving this another quick bump for @Bunk @T3J and @JDWilson - let me know if there’s interest / availability on the 5th, I’ll likely try and book something as soon as I’m able.

Sorry I’ve been delinquent, count me in

2 Likes

Awesome dude! I’ll make a couple preliminary calls to the trackman spots today and see if anyone will advance book us…

1 Like

Hey Dunc! probably after 12: i could make it, even if just to pop in midway thru the sesh!

bump! Thanks Dunc, seems like Calgary is getting a group together, how about Edmonton?

The main event timing isn’t going to work, thought it would but my daughter’s bday party is happening that afternoon.

Calgary Team - bad news for me. I need to travel Sunday morning next week now. I struck out in advance bookings, but hopefully someone can still rally some troops to get beaten up by St George’s!

I’ll be with you in spirit(s).

4 Likes

Hell yeah. @alhunter and Beyond the Contour were talking about rumblings on this, but that’s great news!

Never thought I’d be so jazzed about Golf North’s involvement with, well, anything. But I’m stoked there’s a lifeline for that place.

Let the Battle of Alberta (re)commence!

3 Likes

Speaking of, @Bunk @cav007 and @Banjopete - let’s get our shit together early and often for games here this season.

1 Like

I know it’s a bit of a home game situation but you guys down south really need to see coal creek if you haven’t. All the wolf news just got me thinking of how good coal is start to finish.

To your point though yeah let’s figure out some dates that get folks out. I’d love to have faces to all the names creepin’ this thread.

4 Likes

Would be happy to pop up there this summer!