Roll Call: Alberta

Glad to hear it. If you want to hit the nerd button check out flightscope’s flight optimizer and punch in the parameters. You can tweak launch angles and back spins to find out what gets longer carry, and longest total. Just math. Something I found useful as a reference when dialing up lofts on the head if nothing else.

I’m a big driving iron fan, it has a purpose for me, but there are some really great hybrids now that are much more versatile. I tested the stealth plus recently and it is a missile launcher. What it showed me made my 3w not necessary.

Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks @duncmitchell for organizing last nights sim get together. Enjoyed the sights of the Beijing Augusta. Some take always:

• @duncmitchell can get off the tee with his new driver
  • beware of @Bunk if the sim putting is left on (inspite of him wanting it turned off
  • @cmonk28 is a true lefty
  • don’t underestimate the joy of hearing “birdie chance”
3 Likes

Great to see you, Sean! Really glad we could get together - already looking forward to doing this again, and keeping the momentum going in to the season for the Duck Club Western Outpost…

Duck Club Western Outpust… Dare i say it… Truck Club?? Tho i don’t think any of us actually drive a truck. haha except i think @cav007 if memory serves… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also looking forward to getting out with you and some of the other guys. Just sucks that its only the beginning of Feb.

1 Like

The Truck Club is absolutely killing me here dude - true lolz.

As for our next hit n giggle, Golfuture at Deerfoot and Glenmore has their league M-W so evening times are tough. But would definitely be keen to hit a Trackman or GC option with some real goddamn courses…

Golf Performance Canada is right off blackfoot and heritage above deerfoot meadows and they have GC Quad (maybe 2’s) and GC hawks, no clue on the availability weeknights though.

2 Likes

Still thinking about some of the incredibly memorable holes from this fake-ass Beijing layout we “played”. And the signature par 3 18th - shades of Pasatiempo

2 Likes

Sorry I guess the actual facility is Total Golf. Golf Performance Canada is the academy that uses it. Just so there is no confusion

1 Like

So, lesson learned here - if they don’t post a course list on their website, it might be worth an ask in advance… that’s on me, team. My bad.

Was that the par 3 that @duncmitchell laid up on?

2 Likes

That was a bad read on the sim - I hit that one great. That’s my story, and I’m sticking with it.

Ha ha. What course you play on sim golf doesn’t make a kick of difference. It’s just full send into the screen.

1 Like

Hi Alberta Golfers!

I wanted to share this article with you all. Elk Island Golf Course may be no more. It seems that the course quietly closed in 2021/2022 and the third party operator has ceased operations. The course may be repurposed if the Park deems necessary.

You can help save Elk Island Golf Course by reading the article below, sending it to your friends/family, and filling out the survey linked to the Parks Canada website. There is a specific question about the golf course!

Let me know if you have any feedback.

1 Like

Duck Club purchase

3 Likes

Cross post from Duck Club thread for visibility

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/season-championship-season-2/79476/87?u=jimmay

1 Like

@Bunk @Seandupl @cmonk28 @T3J @JDWilson

Firing up the bat signal for the Calgary squad - let me know if this works for anyone. I’d likely need to go earlier than later - first thing Sunday would be great - but I’d be keen to make it happen if anyone is game.

@Banjopete @cav007 Edmonton gang - check it out! Little early season National Duck Club Trackman extravaganza if you’re in to it.

Ahhh would this be like any Sunday of the month? (forgive my noob questions. :slight_smile: )

March 5th