Roll Call: Alabama (Spring Match Play Info - Post #676)

To go along with our match play event, The High Cotton Classic, The High Cotton Club presents the first event of the 2023 season, #TheFloat at Henry Horton State Park.

We’re dialing in a phenomenal set of gifts to go along with our 18 holes of fourball competition, skins, and LD/KP’s, followed by a float trip at the home of High Cotton on the beautiful Elk River in Kelso, TN.

Entry fee is $170 for golf, or $80 to join for The Float afterwards, with food and drinks covered throughout the day to accompany each competitor’s swag bag.

Tee times are set to begin at 9:00 on Friday, August 26, with a max field of 24. Sign up at the link below or reach out to get #dialedin

Mark your calendars and #Getinvolved … The 2023 season is going to be something special!

1 Like

Any of our Bama guys wanna get in on this? Should be a fun deal.

1 Like

We only have spots for 2 more teams in TN, but can get a Bama bracket together if we get 3 more teams!

Working on bringing in some more guys for an Alabama bracket

2 Likes

Do it! I been trying as well… these guys don’t know what they are missing by not #gettinginvolved

2 Likes

I’m in, let’s make it happen. If my buddy comes with me to Legacy next weekend, I will talk him into joining Nest and Roost and he’ll get dialed in.

1 Like

You should go ahead and sign up with him as your partner for the fourth edition. To my knowledge he doesn’t have to be a member of the club to participate. Great way to get some more guys involved

1 Like

Alright guys… time is approaching for us to make this happen or forget about a Bama bracket! High Cotton Classic, 4th Edition Match Play. This edition is fourball… following a similar schedule to below. Have 20 days to schedule and play a match against competitors

! You don’t want to miss your chance to #getinvolved with the High Cotton Club Roost!

1 Like

Also part of the ‘23 season for @HighCottonClub is a new format for #jackpots

Jackpots are member run games that carried no value in ‘22, but served as a way to meet and play with more folks. Starting in August, each jackpot will feature 10 points from each HCC member in attendance, and the group is free to bet those points however they choose. As the season progresses, players will develop a bank and have the ability to bet beyond the points from just that day.

At the end of the season, we’ll pay out the top 5 in jackpot points, and we may just end up taking one person from the jackpot list to the regional qualifier… you never know.

Either way, #TheFloat at Tim’s Ford on 8/26, The Fourth Edition of The High Cotton Classic, our new jackpot format, or other events on the schedule yet TBA, the @HighCottonClub is booming and we’d love to have more Bama folks involved

3 Likes

Can we get a count of who all is in?

I’m in for sure if we can make the bracket happen.

Let’s do this Bama!

Also, if any of you guys aren’t in the Roost. Please consider joining and getting involved with us. The guys are great, the golf is fun and the times are large.

@Jim_Sand @IRBS @ChuckSchick @HHSBallCoach @Flatach2 @mbrittain88

Tag any and everybody that I’m missing. I know there are several.

I’m definitely in! I would be at the HCC but that’s a dicey time for work for me with hurricane season (we are typically very busy), but I’m in for as much as possible for the 23 season!

2 Likes

As of now the only for sure guys I know of would be Me, you, & @Webber. Think everyone else is pretty iffy with work obligations. Have talked to another guy from Bham that wants in. But we need 5-6 more guys to commit firmly to make it work

1 Like

Yeah, my buddy that will be in is currently prepping for surgery so he can’t commit. I hate it but we may have to work towards the 5th edition.

I’m going to have to pass this go around…

A group of guys from the NLU Mid South Roost (The High Cotton Club) are getting together Saturday August 6th at Terri Pines in Cullman, AL to play a casual round of golf.

Currently 5 roost members are set to play and we have 3 spots available. You don’t have to be a roost member to tag along. Handicaps range from Scratch to 16, so no pressure if your game is not in a great spot.

If anyone has interest in playing 18 around noon that day- please message me or reply to this thread.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to it. If you wanna tee it up, please join us.

1 Like

Hey everyone, the @HighCottonClub is getting ready to kick off our 2022-23 season at the end of the month in Southern Tennessee at Bear Trace. We would love to have some of y’all if you’re interested! The event involves a round of golf and then a float trip to follow! It’s a pretty short drive right across the state line! Feel free to reach out to @leftysauce or myself if you have any questions!

3 Likes

Thanks for thinking of me - I’m confused about what the sign up is for and what the dates are. I’m out of town the weekend of the Float event (is it just on the Friday?) and I can’t tell what the play dates are for the High Cotton Classic - I just see a range of dates. I probably can’t be too involved regardless because my son’s academy soccer season starts up on the first Saturday after Labor Day and we’ll have either that or Bama football games (or both) keeping us away just about every Saturday during the fall.

No worries man, hope all is well. Maybe we can get a group together and play a fun round soon!

Just as a heads up, the High Cotton Classic is a seasonal event. This one is a partner match play event with group play and then a bracket for those that advance from the group. You have 3 weeks to play matches which is the reasoning for the date range. The Float is just a one day event August 26.

1 Like