Roll Call: Alabama (Spring Match Play Info - Post #676)

Love to hear and would love to have ya!

Just moved to BHAM recently. Where my Bham folks at?

2 Likes

Know there are a few refuge guys at Greystone. I’m up the road in Athens al.

Travel for work, ended up in Cartersville, GA. Any good tracks near AL/GA line I should look at for this weekend. Appreciate it!

I’m in bham. Have you played since you move to town yet?

I have!
Played both Greystone courses (one of my good buddies plays there), played highland park, and ballantrae.

Where do you play at?

Looking to expand my golf Rolodex so that I can stop getting the blind draw at courses

Worlds colliding here - I was born and raised in Athens/Limestone Co. and live in the Birmingham area now. I play at Pine Tree and there are at least three of us PTCC guys on here.

1 Like

I don’t have any home courses yet, but you’ll find me at any of the public courses around town:

• The RTJ courses (Ross Bridge, The Ridge, Valley)
  • Cumberland Park
  • Highland Park & Roebuck
  • Horse Creek

Timberline, Bent Brook, and Ballantrae are the ones in town I haven’t made it to yet.

1 Like

Technically I’m in Elkmont since you know the area. But know a couple guys down there have one of my putters.

Definitely check out Barnsley Resort. Top notch course.

1 Like

Timberline and Ballantrae are solid, but definitely make it to Bent Brook. Really fun course that is actually hosting the Alabama State Am this year

Does anyone else have the day off for Monday 6/20 and want to get a game in around Birmingham?

I’m up for any RTJ, Ballantrae, or Timberline or whatever.

I’ll be in Birmingham Thursday 6/23- Saturday 6/25. I’ll have my son and my brother is coming up from Arkansas. We have Thursday Afternoon Ross Bridge booked and Friday Morning Greystone with a member. Where else do we need to play??

If anyone is in the Gulf Shores / Orange Beach area this week and would like to play, let me know. I’ll be around Friday (tomorrow 6/17) and Saturday. I’d love to play Peninsula but am open to anywhere including Kiva Dunes.

Joel Register – jregist at gmail for direct replies.

I played FarmLinks yesterday and the conditions were absolutely perfect. The greens were a little slow, I’m sure that’s because of the heat care that they are implementing. Such a beautiful track and as good as it gets conditions wise. Great staff, great time. Check it out.

2 Likes

Whole lot of water at kiva

2 Likes

Almost as much as Lost Key aka “Lost Ball” in Perdido

See, Lost Key is more Marsh/Shit that is home to some nasty animals. I would say that Kiva is at least straight up water. Lol, hole 17 at Kiva can rot in hell after I snap hooked my way to a double to icarito a decent round.

1 Like

Headed to Sweetens next Tuesday. Anybody else going up?

While the Third Edition of the High Cotton Classic is full swing with brackets in AL, TN, and KY, we are dialing things in for The Fourth Edition, a fourball match play event.

Our first team match play event, set to start August 1, is filling up in TN and several of our AL/MS members have expressed interest in playing, but we need a little more traction for a sole Alabama bracket.

Competitors will choose their own partners and play to 75% handicaps, with 18-20 days to schedule/play each round. Entry fee is not yet dialed in, but the TN bracket is looking at around $225, which will a siiiick swag bag with exclusive merchandise you won’t want to miss.

Signups for the TN and AL Brackets are included below, so please make sure you #getinvolved in the right place! As always, please do not hesitate to reach out with any comments, questions, or concerns

3 Likes