Richmond, Virginia (RVA)

Would July 11 or 12 work? Or would we need some more time and try later in the month or in August?

Something later in the month or early August would work better for me with vacations coming up, but thatā€™s just my two cents.

Late July might be good!

1 Like

[quote=ā€œnickp, post:55, topic:22499ā€]
have you enjoy Love it! My parents were members, so I grew up playing there. I havenā€™t really known much else, which is a good thing and a bad thing. It is nice having three courses and the variety that comes with that.

Letā€™s get out there soon. Most of July is pretty tough for me as I have a few league type rounds that I need to knock out. I also have two young kids (two boys - 1 & 3), so I have to limit myself on total rounds played. Can you sneak away from work for an afternoon round during the week?

1 Like

I appreciate it! Maybe we can shoot for sometime in September?

Weekday afternoon rounds are always in play for me!

Yeah I mean at that point, we might be able to reconvene the bigger group that was going to do RNK and Brickshire this April.

I think i hit reply on the wrong post. But Iā€™d be down for that group outing!

Hey gents, got myself and 2 other guys headed down from DC to RNK this Sunday and are looking for a 4th if anybody is interested. 11:50am @ $32 per person w/ cart. Weā€™re all in the single digit HDCP range but we only play for a couple bucks (likely 6/6/6 team low net match).

Another refugee Nick and I are meeting up and playing at the Foundry next Wednesday 8/5 at 8a. We have room for 2-3 more if anyone wants to meet up and play an early morning weekday round.

Hey folks, heading this way for a wedding and playing with a big group at Piankatank on Friday. Any tips/thoughts on the course?

Grew up 10 minutes away in Deltaville, and my family has been a founding member there since they opened the course in '96. Personally, I canā€™t get enough of the place.

Is the routing super interesting and thoughtful? No. Is it long or a difficult test of golf? No. The greens are a little shaggy, but itā€™s in pretty good shape for how hot and humid this summer has been in eastern VA. The views on 13 and 14 are spectacular, and the people are awesome. Thatā€™s the true charm of The Tank.

Youā€™ll have an awesome time with your group, I can guarantee that. Perhaps weā€™ll run into each other. Enjoy!

1 Like

Awesome, thank you very much! Thatā€™s consistent with the hostā€™s description as well. Canā€™t wait.

You could say we got some rain this past weekend

Wow where is this?

The Highlands in Chesterfield

Highlands? More like LOWlands, amiright?!

2 Likes

To the good people of RVA

Have a free day in RVA on a golf trip, doing birdwood Friday and RNK on Sunday, staying RVA for breweries etc. both nights.

Where do we play the saturday round? Right now iā€™ve looked at independence and viniterra and am leaning independence. Please help.

1 Like

Unless you have an in at CCV, Kinloch, etc., then Independence is probably a good bet. I would offer up the Federal Club, but I will be in NC at the Hyland Hootenany this weekend.

1 Like

Depends on what youā€™re looking for. Indy is in prime shape. Iā€™m not the biggest fan of the design, but itā€™s in great shape and thereā€™s a fantastic place to eat/drink before or after your round.

Viniterra, I think, is a little more fun in terms of the golf, but there arenā€™t the extra amenities that Independence has, and maintained at a slightly lower level (nothing to scoff at). You can walk Indy, cannot walk Viniterra.

RVA is a bit light on higher quality publics. Those are probably your best bet, unless you want to go east to Williamsburg.

1 Like