PNW RACDG Championship & NIT Local Qualifier - Sun., August 30th (Cle Elum, WA)

Now you know my pain :joy:

:dizzy_face: :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face:

Last call! Sign-ups close tomorrow night!

An even three foursomes. I love it.

3 Likes

What is the format?

It’s net stroke I think

1 Like

A little late to the party but I’m in if you’ll have me! Looking forward to meeting and competing with you all.

2 Likes

Happy to have ya and can’t wait to meet you, too!

-----‐-‐------

There are 3 more spots available to anyone else who wants to join last minute!

1 Like

Correct!

@luckin11 @Mattyeds @rabsie @richardlhawkes @mattr

@davidc @chico @I_have_the_yips, make sure you share this with your +1s.

Please read all of the following, even though some of it is information I’ve shared before.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

FORMAT OF PLAY: The PNW RACDG Championship this year will be played as a net stroke 36-hole tournament. The first round is on Prospector and the second round will be on Rope Rider.

1. There are two awards on the line. The player with the low net score will be the Champion and win the sweet @Geaugolf headcover trophy.
  1. With the forecast looking like it’ll be low 70s, sunny, and limited wind, it appears as though the blue/white combo tees will be used on Prospector and the blue tees on Rope Rider. This is not final, yet. When I send the GGIDs later this week (I’ll explain further down), I will make the final decision then.

2. In order to keep a reasonable pace of play to make sure we don’t hold any one up behind us and to make sure there is enough time for us to grab lunch and make our way to the second course comfortably, there is a net double bogey max you can make on any hole. If you receive no strokes, the max is a gross double. If you receive one stroke, the max is a gross triple, etc. Don’t be afraid to pick up on a hole once you’ve hit your max. If you accidentally pick up a stroke before you hit your max thinking you only got one stroke instead of two or something, still record your max score. Let’s not deal with any rules BS there.

3. In the case of a tie in either competition, there will be a sudden death playoff on the Par 3 course near Rope Rider. First player with a gross lower score wins.

CONDITIONS OF COMPETITION:

The current USGA Rules of Golf shall govern play. In addition, the following conditions are in effect:

All balls must be played as they lie (unless otherwise stipulated by the rules) and must be holed out to count as a score for the event. There are no "that would’ve been in without the flagstick or flipped cup, etc. The ball must finish in the cup.

LOCAL RULES

Out of Bounds: Defined by Wood Stakes with White Tops located inside the tree lines of all holes played. In addition, any ball that crosses and comes to rest on the opposite side of a resort road is considered Out of Bounds.

Roads and Paths: Asphalt, cement and artificially surfaced roads and paths are obstructions. Any worn area adjacent to these surfaces is considered an extension of the obstruction and free relief is given. All other paths are not obstructions.

Ground Under Repair: We are usually pretty generous with GUR. When it’s as hot and dry as it’s been, the courses can be watered quite a bit overnight. Especially during the first round, if your feet are sinking or if your ball is in an area where tire marks deformed the ground, you may take free relief and find the nearest point and one club length no closer to the hole. Additionally, any bark laid in circles around trees is NOT a free drop.

Penalty Areas Lateral Water Hazards Prospector Course (Rule 26): Defined by red lines and/or red stakes.

Hole No. 5 – Left of fairway and green
Hole No. 6 – Front left and left of green
Hole No. 9 – Right side of fairway and front of green
Hole No. 10 – Right of fairway short of green
Hole No. 11 – Left of fairway
Hole No. 12 – Left and front of Teeing Ground
Hole No. 13 – Right side of fairway
Hole No. 18 – Left of green

Penalty Areas Rope Rider Course (Rule 26): Defined by red lines and/or red stakes.

Hole No. 2 – Right of fairway and green.
Hole No. 8 – Left of fairway
Hole No. 9 – Right side of fairway and front of green.
Hole No. 10 – Left side of fairway and green.
Hole No. 11 – Left of green.
Hole No. 12 – Left of Teeing Ground.
Hole No. 13 – Right of Teeing Ground.

Sprinkler Heads: If the sprinkler is within 2 club-lengths of the green, you’re within 2 club-lengths of the sprinkler, and sprinkler is in your path, you may take relief to the nearest line of sight (no closer to the hole) and place it. You may not clean your ball unless you’re on the green, and not take an additional club-length.

COVID-19 ADAPTATIONS:

Please do not remove the flagstick.

Due to the lack of rakes, a player’s ball that comes to rest in a footprint may be removed and placed within one club length in the same bunker (no closer to the hole).

GOLF GENIUS:

We will be using Golf Genius to score over your phones. Please make sure you have the app downloaded and your phone charged. There will still be paper scorecards to cross-reference the scores on your phones at the end. I will give you the GGIDs of each group later this week.

TEE TIMES:

Prospector -
8:20: Matt E., Matt E., Matt R., Jonah
8:30: Ryan L., Sam, Richard, Riley
8:40: Chris, Luke, Ryan M.
8:50: David, Matt T., Dominick

We will repair for Rope Rider.

COST:

It should total out to $144.64 for the day.

If you want one of the awesome PNW Crew hats David ordered, it’ll be an extra $30 given to him directly.

Let me know if there are any questions. See yall Sunday.

Cheers!

3 Likes

I could not be more pumped for this - our first meetup in March was so much fun and this is going to be epic!

Thanks for organising everything @MrVinegar206 this looks incredibly well thought out.

But most of all thanks for organising the Mattiest group I’ve seen:

8 Likes

Jonah is super excited to have a 0% chance of fucking up someones name.

7 Likes

Best golf of the year is upon us friends!

Best case scenario? I go full DJ with the rest of you playing Harris English.

Second best case scenario???

2 Likes

Matt Zone is officially active!

2 Likes

Brosephs… Sorry I am so late to the party… if you all can put up with a guy who is a trending 22 right now trying to re-learn the game I would be down to join you all.

3 Likes

Fill out the sign-in sheet, DM me your GHIN #, and you’ll be in the 8:30 group

1 Like

Sent. I’m just here for the hangs. No way in hell I’ll compete haha

2 Likes

Sorry if its been asked already, but when is everyone meeting up in the morning? I’m driving in from Gig Harbor

Sick! Really exited you are going to make it out, a bunch of us will be there with 'caps trending in different directions haha with ~800 tee times, I’m going to try and get there around 700. I want to hang out for a bit, warm up, and rumor has it they have breakfast burritos up there :eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

I’m aiming to be up there @ 0730 - get some range balls in, a cheeky burrito, and watch everyone tee off.

Also start my #mentaldisintegration of @davidc early.

3 Likes