Philadelphia

Not gonna lie, looking at houses in Wyndmoor just for its proximity to PCC.

2 Likes

I’ll end up at Chester Valley next year. Fun course, but doesn’t get all the hype as some of the other classic tracks.

How is Jeffersonville? I think I’m going to show up as a single in the AM.

We just drove back from the shore today, I thought I’d be able to get out tomorrow, but my wife’s sister popped in on her way back to Boston so my Wednesday is spoken for. I gotta get out Thursday.

East Coast native originally. Moved back here 3 years ago after a stint in Chi area for a while- Naperville. The weather is incredible compared to Chi and you’ll be shocked at how many times you can play through the winter.

I was a heretic though and moved across the bridges into the nether regions of S Jersey… high taxes but convenience to airport, the city, turnpike (go to NYC often) and golf is amazing (join a club at play in GAP matches). Shocks me that CDGA never figured out how to do a series of interclub matches like GAP does.

You guys are all welcome at Merchantville (9 joker). anytime. Definitely let me know a weekend coming up.

1 Like

I came here from Chicago, which was established in the initial post on this thread. Chicago is built on a grid and you’d have to try extremely hard to get lost. As I drive around this area I’m 100% reliant on my GPS. The roads are so winding that I’m not sure I’ll ever really know my way around outside a small radius of home.

Anyway, I was driving the other day and saw a golf course on the left and said to myself, ‘Damn, that looks pretty sick! I gotta see what that is so I can check in on it!’ I got the the entrance and saw Aronimink Golf Club and realized I no longer needed to check in on it.

4 Likes

No no no swing by say hello to all the members and see if you can get an invite

1 Like

Merchantville! I played there two years ago on a ladies night meet and greet. Fun place (beautiful clubhouse). It was too far south to be worth it for joining for me. Ended up joining Burlington last year.

Anyone who ever wants to play BCC I am more than happy to host!!

2 Likes

Finally checked out Tee’s Golf Center today. Not too far from where we live and it was really good. The Temple golf team was hitting balls there.

MCC member here. Definitely would like to play Burlington sometime. Glad you enjoyed our tight little course. You’re always welcome.

1 Like

Anybody trying to get out and play some this weekend?

I’m definitely trying.

I kept seeing this McCall’s Golf Coursr on the map near Cobb’s Creek and wasn’t sure what it was all about. The acreage looked so slight that I wasn’t sure if it was 9 or 18.

I happened upon your great review of it. I used to have a shorter, 9 hole course near me in Chicago that I could go play very quickly and that’s something I’m missing here. As mentioned in your review, the ability to get to the course and play the round quickly are keys to playing more golf. I’m not sure that we are going to buy in Wynnewood, but if we did that seems like it’d be fun to have available.

You mentioned thinking about membership possibilities there, did you ever pursue that? Thanks for the great review.

1 Like

Thank you sir! I did not end up at McCall’s but if the membership process is still the same, it’s relatively easy. Let me know if you want to know more.

I’m always happy to host Stonewall when I’m around.

13 Likes

Apparently there’s a chocolate lab that will take massive running jumps into bodies of water. Said doggo appears never to be unhappy. Golf needs more of this, etc.

9 Likes

That would be incredible! Thank you for the kind offer.

1 Like

Has anyone been out to Lulu recently? Looking to make the drive from Lancaster Wednesday, just wondering if it’s recovered.

Hey Refugees- I’m looking to get ahold of some Cedarbrook Country Club gear as a gift for my mother who was a member there when she was a kid and still refers to the place as her home course. Was hoping for a club head cover or towel or hat or something else cool for her bag. Anyone in the Philly area that could help out? Will obviously cover price and shipping. Can also trade for some gear from my club here in Pittsburgh.

Thanks all