Philadelphia

1 Like

Playing Rock Manor in DE on Sunday at 11:10 with 2 non-nest buddies. The last spot is still open if anyone wants to grab it on their website. Happy to have anyone else along.

Damn! I think I’m gonna be caddying that morning otherwise I’d jump on it.

I’m in!

What’s up everyone, just joined the nest today and from the philly area

7 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Just played there Tuesday. Greens were glass! Really a great value for $65 when everywhere else is hiking their rates north of $100 it seems.

All good things to hear. Unfortunately weekend rate is $89, but will see if it’s worth it. First time playing it.

Anyone know anything about Squire’s Golf Club? Heard it’s an interesting place

Super exclusive, big money, all men, lots of gambling… or at least that’s the word on the street.

1 Like

Definitely a strange place and yeah, a big gambling club. It used to be a big hang for ex-athletes. Philadelphia Magazine did an article about the gambling stories years ago that was a funny read.

I played there in the early 90s as a teenager once and thought it was really cool
back then but now it’s like the last place I’d want to spend time at. Not my scene. At all.

I played out of Talamore last year and they border each other. I rarely, if ever, saw anyone playing at Squires. So weird.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Super interesting read!

Have you played stonewall? I’ve read a lot about it and listened to some podcasts where doak has talked about designing it. Sounds really cool and like a fun place

2 Likes

I played Stonewall Old before I moved back to Scotland in 2019. I had so much fun that I had no idea I had played as many as 17 holes when I walked onto 18 tee, if that makes sense. The three hours flew by. A real treat and a wonderful way to spend a half day. I’d a great turkey sandwich afterwards that I still think about.

3 Likes

Yes i am a national member. I joined after reading this article

The place is awesome. I don’t make it as much living in Florida now as jersey but it’s a great spot. Just booked my flight yesterday, doing a ryder cup there with 7 of my buddies for my 40th birthday in August

6 Likes

What were the requirements of national membership? Place is so, so good.

have to be a member of another club and outside of a certain distance. i dont think they are taking applications anymore as the waitlist is huge and is not moving.

That makes sense with everyone and their mother golfing these days. Not sure I would qualify based on location anyways as I’m probably only 50 miles away.

i got in right before linksgems kinda blew the place up. i had to wait a year, my buddy who joined a week later had to wait two years and my buddy who signed up 3 weeks later is still waiting 5 years later