Philadelphia

TopGolf?

Along those same lines 1 fairway is one of the safest places to be off of 9 tee.

If that lake/house weren’t so tempting I’d see 1 fairway finally

1 Like

Alright great to see so many people confirming! We are officially at 12 and at capacity for the 3 currently reserved groups but I am more than happy to arrange for more if we have more interested. Even if we wind up with an odd number don’t be shy, I’ve got some people on the bench that could fill out a foursome if need be.

All that remains now is for the lingering snow to melt, the rain to wash away what’s left of winter and the sun to come out and set us up for a great day. I’ll keep everyone posted on any developments and keep an eye on the forecast leading up to the day.

3 Likes

Looking forward to this can’t wait to get back on the course!!

@Zachilroy , are we okay to add a fourth tee time? 3 of my buddies are looking to join as well.

1. @jrbz
  2. @Mjkuhzck
  3. @rpm415
2 Likes

Absolutely, sorry just seeing this, first time passing through the Fuge today. I can give the course a call in the morning and try to secure 9:40 if you haven’t already.

@Zachilroy Awesome! We haven’t called yet. If you don’t mind, you might as well contact Makefield to keep things simple.

I loved seeing all this snow melt today. Getting me pumped for the season.

1 Like

Guess this is the thread for Delaware people, glad to meet everyone. Rock Manor is great except the fact it costs so much, maybe I’m just cheap.

Anyone got a recommendation for a great teacher? I’m currently a 23hdcp looking to get somewhere between 10-15, I really don’t feel like completely embarrassing myself during a planned 2022 Scotland trip.

I’ve got a few names in the Philly area I’d recommend, but not or DE

@kkellyQQ @jrbz @Mjkuhzck @rpm415

Hey guys, connected with Ed today. Long story short, a stroke of luck with them keeping later tee times due to course conditions longer into March than they expected opened us up another adjacent tee time to the three we had so now we have 4 consecutive. 9:50, 10:00, 10:10, and 10:20. If I’m counting correctly the addition of KKelly’s 3 people brings us to 15, so room for one more if anyone’s out there!

3 Likes

Hello, fellow Delawarean! Becky Dengler at Porky Oliver Golf Club is a terrific teacher. I don’t know her rates. I know her through DWGA and WGAP events. And I know a few low-handicap players from private clubs who take lessons from her! Good luck!

Wanted to give everyone a heads up sign ups are now open for The Steeplechase at Jeffersonville head on over and sign up!

4 Likes

Has anyone played McCall recently? I’m 15 mins from there and stumbled upon it on google maps. Could be an option to join mostly due to location and presumably much lower cost relative to RG, Llanerch, etc. I know it’s a very short golf course, but curious if anyone has opinions on the place

I grew up a Chester Valley and realized that our former super is at McCall now. He is fantastic so i’d imagine he is getting it into great shape.

I’d certainly check off those first 2 before hitting “the Rock”…HS in DE you say. I’m a Spartan myself. Open invites to Wilm and Bidermann, I’m guessing hiller?

1 Like

I have a soft spot for Porky’s myself but like most/all DE public golf the practice areas are a tough scene. Porky’s has better mats than Rock but that practice green is petite. Would love to hear a few more local recommendations…I’m stuck at a 14 that’s never broken 80 and would love to get to a solid niner.

1 Like

Hey, hey all. Newcomer here to the Refuge. Located just over the river in Collingswood, but definitely get into golf on both sides of the border. I play piss poor golf but promise to be good company if we ever play together. Hope to play with some of ya soon given this amazing turn around in weather we are having.

1 Like

Going to have to bow out unfortunately. Seems there was plenty of interest so hopefully my spot will be easy to fill! I’ll join you next time for sure.

Bidermann is a 10/10

What a place

2 Likes

Alright March Makefield Madness Crew:

I’m looking for a final headcount for this weekend as we’ve lost a couple people over the last few days. We’ll miss seeing @yungloudancolin and @flex on Saturday but hopefully we’ll have another chance somewhere down the line. As of now here’s who we’ve got:

@Zachilroy
@Craigstands
@wideright
@ChickPhilA
@Matt_monk
@barnabyjones
barnabyjones+1
@Mroe

Total of 14 of a possible 16 spots. If everyone could please confirm for me that you’ll be there I can either work to fill the other 2 with friends of mine or if you know anyone else that might like to attend feel free to spread the word.

Very much looking forward to seeing you all, it might be a bit nippy in the morning but should turn into a great early spring day.

2 Likes