Phil’s Clubs

Okay. Well Pacific Dunes here at Bandon claimed this to be a club and clearly it’s not. By my own admission I don’t even love throwing this in here, but via title I’ll review it.

I’ll start out saying it is an excellent sandwich and would recommend to anyone. They gave a healthy portion of turkey, bacon and Tasso Ham. What really make this pop was the Chipotle Mayo and perfect amount of pepper on the sandwich (not club).

I would posted an aftermath photo, BUT I’m in Bandon and my ADD was kicking in. The sandwich is good and I kindly let the staff know that they should drop club from the title.

19 Likes

Sweet potato fries?! No thank you.

4 Likes

Agreed.

The Club sandwich is not a place to get creative on a menu, please keep it abundantly simple. I’d say that the sweet potato fries was the first indication that @brpryor22 club was not going to actually be a club.

11 Likes

Disagree. Sometimes you just don’t want regular fries and everywhere will let you swap. The best club sandwich in the world is not changed because I decided I want onion rings that day.

To clarify: Mr. Keiser & co. Should be embarrassed that they allow such false advertising at Bandon because that certainly isn’t a club sandwich but the choice of side has nothing to do with this sacrilege.

5 Likes

Clearly not even a blt, let alone a club.

2 Likes

1 Like

Clearly not even a blt, let alone a club

7 Likes

They should always lead with the regular fries.

However with respect to Pacific Dunes Grill specifically, I withdraw my comment, it appears this was a optional side and regular potato fries were an option.

https://www.bandondunesgolf.com/sites/default/files/Pacific%20Grill%20Lunch_0.pdf

4 Likes

Brandon gives you like 6 side options, it’s a little overwhelming.
But damn their onion rings are good

5 Likes

I know but its an inventive use of pimento cheese.

The fact that it even says Club on Ciabatta is a crime. But not as much false advertising as flat out disrespect.

It cannot be a club if it is on ciabatta.

9 Likes

Yeah I think I got the burger and onion rings after my round at PD this past July. That would usually be pretty heavy for lunch but you feel like you’ve earned it after walking PD in the wind.

3 Likes

Sorry but I think this entire thread started with a review of the club at The Home Course outside of Seattle and if you go get it and don’t get the worlds best onion rings on the side as some sort of philosophical guardrail, well, I can’t help you but you’re making a grave error.

7 Likes

Onion rings on a sandwich are a good option.

2 Likes

All fries should be crunchy. Don’t @ me.

Soggy fries are a bummer.

Soggy sweet potato fries are the saddest shit you can serve next to a sandwich.

17 Likes

I always want sweet potato fries to be better

4 Likes

I don’t even want them to be better, I just want them to go away.

7 Likes

The only thing lower in the hierarchy for me are steak fries. They’re NEVER crispy, often underdone and at least some sweet potato fries are crispy and have good seasoning.

Onion rings, regular fries, curly fries. This is the way.

5 Likes

Where do krinkle fries and waffle fries come into play?? And more importantly…what about tots?

2 Likes

Tots rule. Krinkle fries are the wavy ones? Hard yes. Waffle fries are good in theory. Rarely see them but the ones I’ve had I liked

2 Likes