Phil’s Clubs

You can double-slice a croissant to make three layers, it just takes practice and a fiendishly sharp serrated knife.

3 Likes

I must have been feeling spicy last night post OP. Eat whatever “club” you want! I’m not budging on the triangles thing at all though.

5 Likes

I was raised on a three piece of bread build and quartered into triangles.

5 Likes

Be on the lookout early next week for a review of Bandon’s club. Based on menu research they have an offering at Pacific Grill, although I will be sure to ask if there are any off menu club options elsewhere. “Can the chef make a club?”

6 Likes

So allow me to completely derail the conversation since you brought up Bandon. I just there and your sandwich eyes shouldn’t be on the club. You need to give yourself the proper tools and planning to be able to secure the pastrami sandwich from the Sheep Ranch clubhouse.

All you need to know is that a 17 year caddy vet confirmed my beliefs that it’s the best food on property and this happened after payment and gratuities.

For me, the Elk burger at McKee’s pub was distant, but still very good second place.

2 Likes

Are you following the TB12 no nightshade diet? I can’t understand people who don’t like tomatoes.

2 Likes

My *son is one of them.

*Paternity test pending. His aversion to tomatoes has me concerned.

4 Likes

Underrated in terms of importance. Too soft and you’ve got a club sandmush. Too toasted and you are sentencing your mouth to an entire afternoon of what feels like a thousand bacon-flavored papercuts.

12 Likes

Home grown tomatoes from my mom’s garden? Sure.

Mass produced tomatoes that only exist to make my entire sandwich a soggy mess? No thanks.

7 Likes

So true.

This would factor in to the quality of the club I would think then. I’ll add that to my rubric.

2 Likes

Best club sandwich I had was at VA Beach boardwalk hole in the wall place named waffles n things. Had ham, turkey, three slices of white bread, bacon,cut in triangles, with a mountain of fries in the middle. If that sandwich could find its way to a golf course I would buy the course.

3 Likes

I have not had a good club sandwich in a bit, now I really want one.

Key’s to my club sandwich:

• Three slices of toasted sourdough

• Pass on the tomatoes - I love tomatoes, but not on my sandwich @BigJake

• Freshly cooked bacon - I (all of us) can tell if you cooked it 4hrs ago, or yesterday

• No cheese - I love cheese on a sandwich, but not on my club

• Don’t give me too thick of a piece of iceberg lettuce

• With fries

Grew up on these at Deep Cliff Golf Course, probably why I was a chubby teen. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

All this club discussion inspired me last night. Went home and made clubs for the family for supper. They were excellent too!

4 Likes

Every time I venture to a new golf course (or old one), my first impression of the course is strictly based off of the quality of two things: The club sandwich and the transfusion. That being said, I am here for this conversation.

I’ll throw Caledonia’s Club sandwich in the hat for my personal favorite. Maybe it’s the actual sandwich, maybe its the view of sitting on the porch and overlooking the marsh/18th green.

2 Likes

@C_Avery2 This is what it’s all about. Also I just looked that place up. OMG is it any good!? Pictures make it look like my happy place.

The Club is a 10, and the golf is even better! I love Caledonia, it has been worth several day trips of 4 hour one way drives.

1 Like

Don’t threaten me with a good time

3 Likes

And where are the pictures?

GUYS, WE NEED PICTURES OF CLUBS FROM NOW ON. JEEEEEEESUS.

3 Likes

SAME.

I actually just went back there for the first time in years to take my son. Has changed quite a bit, but feels the same.

Man that place is so cool.

4 Likes