Palmetto Cannon Crew Presents: The BJ Cup @ Riverton Pointe February 4, 2023

Hey man, sorry for the late notice but I think I need to back out. You can keep the $10 if needed.

Will be posting tee times on Wednesday evening. If you have any request please send them to me ASAP.

Anyone grabbing something to eat or anything after the round?

I’m down to grab a beer/food after with anyone who doesn’t need to hit the road right away. The course doesn’t have a clubhouse yet but there are a couple of options right down the street.

Tailgaters is probably the best option. I have never been so I can’t comment on the quality of the food but it’s your typical dive bar. They also have darts, shuffleboard, and pool tables.

River Dog Brewing - Good selection of beers but no food

Rio Chico - Good Mexican place with a pretty large menu

2 Likes

I’ve been to tailgaters. Bar food, good enough.

Small change to the tee sheet.

Spoke to the pro this afternoon and we are all set for tomorrow. When you arrive at the front gate (2251 Riverton Pointe Blvd, Hardeeville, SC 29927) just give your name to the attendant. The course and pro shop (temporary trailer) is about a mile past the gate. Everyone will need to check-in and pay individually before the round.

Format: Quota. You will need to find out your course handicap. This can easily be done via your handicap tracking system. 36 - your handicap = Your quota. If you have a question about this please reach out to me tonight or before your round tomorrow.

We will be hitting cups. All putts must be holed. If you are putting for double bogey or worse, feel free to pick up and keep a good pace on the course.

LOCAL RULE: OUT OF BOUNDS WILL BE PLAYED AS A HAZARD. As a group identify where your ball went out of bounds, take two club lengths relief and drop incurring a one shot penalty.

Any other rules decisions should be agreed upon as a group. Your decision as a group will be the decision.

Birdie - 4 points
Par - 2 points
bogey - 1 point
Double bogey or worse - 0 points

Please keep a group score card that is easily identifiable of which player is which. Please put your ACTUAL score on each hole on the card. I will verify all cards when complete and post a leader board after the event with points update.

Based on the current number of players the payouts from the $10 entry fees will be 1st: $60, 2nd: $20, 3rd: $10.

The other 50% of the fees ($90) will be donated to the University of South Carolina Beaufort (USCB) Student Emergency Fund. This fund was established to help enrolled students who are experiencing an unexpected or emergency financial situation. The emergency fund is supported through donations from the community, faculty, staff and families of current students. Student Emergency Fund

Also plan to have a CTP on #12 with a small prize (S.O. to #TeamSrixon)

I know some people may have to hit the road but if you are able to stick around after you finish I’d love to get a group picture on the 18th green. Also a few of us are planning to head over to Tailgaters (1108 Argent Blvd c, Ridgeland, SC 29936) after for a beer or a bite to eat in anyone would like to join.

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! If you have any questions shoot me a DM or message on WhatsApp.

8 Likes

Hate to miss it - everyone play well!!

2 Likes

@CTFigueroa @WaterHazard @pintabone @Paden @cooperwilson @C_Avery2 @BarnacleRob @frederickIV @dclthomas @jb37car

@KyDaddy @RdunnCOYS @Jmay425 @btwat @mjones @Njones

1 Like

Will post final leaderboard tomorrow.

@WaterHazard @CTFigueroa @pintabone didn’t get your scorecard. Can y’all send me your quota scores.

My quota was 15 and I got 10 pts during the round.

1 Like

I gave you the card I thought. My quota was 24 and I got 22 points. -2. I have it in 18 birdies if you need the score hole by hole.

1 Like

You are correct. My mistake.

I am missing @KyDaddy & @RdunnCOYS. Do you both remember what your quota scores were?

1 Like

My quota was 16 and I scored 11, -5. Still a lot of fun!

1 Like

Quota was 29, scored 23. Thanks again for organizing.

1 Like

Shout out to @mjones (sick choice of matte-strawberry) and @Njones (waveguide/radiation rifleman hitting bombs) for making this their first roost event. Would group up again anytime.

4 Likes

@PalmettoGolfSociety Apologize for the delay.

Below are the final standings from the inaugural BJ Cup. Appreciate everyone making the trip down and hope you enjoyed the course!

Congrats to our winner @dclthomas and 2nd place finisher @btwat on being the only two people to go over their quotas on the day. Also want to personally thank and shout out both gentleman as they have graciously donated their winnings from Saturday to our charity for the event (University of South Carolina Beaufort Student Emergency Fund). Most of you know I work at USCB and can attest to the assistance this fund has provided our students that are experiencing unexpected hardships throughout the school year.

We had a 3 way tie for 3rd place between @Paden @Njones @pintabone. Winnings split would break down to $3.33 per person. Happy to send that over to you or can add it to the total donation (No pressure :rofl:).

Thanks again to everyone for making the trip. It was great to see all of the familiar faces and get to meet some of you in person for the first time. Anytime you find yourself down this way and want to sneak in a round don’t hesitate to reach out!

Final Standings:

1st – dclthomas

2nd – btwat

T3 – Paden, njones, Pintabone

6th – jtshelley42

T7 - C_Avery2, RdunnCOYS, CTFigueroa

T10 – jb37car, BarnacleRob, mjones, KyDaddy

14th – frederickIV

15th – waterhazard

16th – cooperwilson

5 Likes

Just donate it.

1 Like

Donate. Thanks for setting up Justin. Was a good time and looking forward to joining some more events.

1 Like

8 Likes