Olympic Prolific 3: Wine Valley GC in Walla Walla, WA - Sept. 9 & 10, 2023

Putt better :joy:

3 Likes

You know I feel that, but 60’ over a ridge on WV greens, you know how hard that putt is.

Also - you gave me shit for pointing out in the Kwon video that he went for it only because of a “fuck it” its a match mentality.

I had 2 shanks on day 1 lol - I needed some magic and likely needed -4 on the day. So it was a sort of fuck it mentality. Sitting at -1, from 95 yards with a reasonable lie - you just arn’t getting that many chances to hit a LW/SW out there

1 Like

From the situation described here I would go for the pin 100/100 times. Excited to be proven wrong.

2 Likes

Every player in the field would.

here is the shot - first cut, perfect lie.

3 Likes

I’m a 13 and stink at golf, but that’s a perfect number and if the lie was perfect, why not?

Because he was trying to make the cut and there were several birdie pins out there on day 2 of the State Am.

…Except for 2 of them. There were 2 “just make par” holes. We tried to tell him, but the bogey he made made the deficit too much.

1 Like

would I go for this, even as probably the highest HDCP in PNW Crew? Yea. Should I? Probably not. Will I? Thats for those @ WV.

A big part of me still thinks that the KP shouldn’t be from the Fish spot. Cause now everyone will be going for it trying to win the clubs.

The whole point is that the result should have consequences. IMO, the KP should just be a 2nd shot KP and if you fail to hit the section, enjoy the missed out points

1 Like

If you’re competing in a State Am and you’re not confident enough to hit a 95 yard wedge from a decent lie then you’re already fucked. Sounds like he just hit a bad shot. Shit happens.

4 Likes

It was a mediocre shot, compounded by a poor club selection.

No doubt I should have played for the back section of that tier, and hit SW just in case it came out weird for some reason (which it did).

Yeah, that’s fair. Whereas, if you go for it from your actual second, it penalize you in our actual round.

1 Like

What tees are we playing from? I’m trying to do some #research

Merlots for the men.
Reds for the women.

1 Like

It’s up to @RyMo and his clubs donation what we do though

1 Like

Merlot GIFs | Tenor

1 Like

Fish Spot. 95 Yards.

I don’t think it should penalize your round. Just be a fun side quest.

My own personal approach will be from 180 out of the left native grass. So it’s not quite the same shot.

4 Likes

AKA the mega angle

3 Likes

The real ones know.

2 Likes

Thanks, @MrVinegar206. I sent you a Venmo for the both us. See you next weekend!

1 Like