Olympic Prolific 3: Wine Valley GC in Walla Walla, WA - Sept. 9 & 10, 2023

Is this event still open for registration? My golf tournament plans for this weekend may be cancelled due to wildfires in OR and looking for another tourney to play/support.

JG

1 Like

I don’t know the answer, but welcome to the Refuge!

I would also like to join this tournament if there is still spots available, I live in Spokane and can be a last second add if someone cant make it.

1 Like

@JBG88 @NickRenner You’re both in!

@JBG88, your tee time on Saturday is 8:00.

@NickRenner, your tee time on Saturday is 8:10.

^ This will confirm you’re in

4 Likes

Wine Valley pt. 2 just dropped

1 Like

@MrVinegar206, thanks for your response. I would have one additional player. Is there room for him too? I will have a go/no-go decision later this week on my planned tourney in OR and would be able to commit this Saturday, 9/2. Also, what’s the entry fee each day?

I only have the spot for you currently, but I can let you know if someone drops. Someone mentioned to me that they may have to very soon

@JBG88 Your +1 can join. I just had that person drop for a family emergency

Some news regarding the Saturday tee times:

Everyone is moving back an hour

Sorry if this makes a time crunch happen for some. Let me explain:

Tyler Daniels, the Vine Valley Super, had to be flown to Boise for kidney failure a week ago. He was in a coma for 2 days and opened his eyes last Friday morning. According to @Tippy, Tyler the GM, and the assistant super, he’s definitely not out of the woods, and if he makes it, the road ahead is gonna be long and difficult.

This has been a tough blow to the grounds crew. They have asked that the first tee time not be until 9 that day so they can have the course ready in time.

Currently, the shotgun on Sunday is still for 8:30, but I’ll let ya know if they need to slide this back to 9:00, too.

The (hopefully, once the last two joining pay) $960 in charitable donations will be going towards Tyler’s recovery and for his family.

Some other big news:

We’ve been planning a KP on 9 where the winner receives a set of clubs donated by @RyMo . The buy in is gonna go towards Tyler’s recovery and his family as well.

Once WV heard what we were doing, they’re throwing in a KP on 14 for a free foursome of golf, too.

So, the additional $20 KP buy-in will buy you in for both. You can donate more if you wish, but the minimum to enter is $20.

We’re still figuring out which day is which. They’re gonna make sure one of the days is pin set #1 so we get a back right pin on 9. Then the other day will be on 14.

I’m now collecting the KP entries/donations. Same system as always: Send the $20 to @ Matthew-Essig (last 4 digits are 9234 if you need them) on Venmo. You can also promise to hand me cash one of the days.

Thanks for your understanding and generosity :heart:

10 Likes

For those who will be there on Friday, anyone looking to join myself, @catshannon, and @b_lehmann at 1pm? Got a spot open in our 4some

3 Likes

I’m in

3 Likes

Well that went quick! Glad to have you on board :handshake:

1 Like

I’ll try to come join you guys for post-round beers!

5 Likes

I’m so excited to finally get a round in with the stach’ed legend known as @b_lehmann!

1 Like

If these are the clubs I think they are, they are 690.mbs built by me for @davidc and then passed on to @RyMo. If the winner would any changes made to them, I will do so for just the cost of materials (or for free if it’s just different ferrules).

9 Likes

Don’t make me blush!

2 Likes

Bumping some info on the KP on 9 for those who don’t know the full backstory.

Our own stick @fishtopher18 was competing in the WA State Am. He had a shot on 9 from 95 yards out in the rough to a back right pin. This is a tough pin to attack due to bunker front, minimal landing area and some water to the right. The safe play is to attack center of green. Fish decided to safe “fuck it, I have a number” and went for the pin. I’ll let Fish tell you if it was the right play or not.

Spoiler:

Summary

It was 1 yard short and ended in the bunker

This led to quite the back and forth on the wild west PNW Discord and eventually a challenge was thrown down. The KP will be independent of your round. You will hit from “The Fish Spot” 95 yards out to the back right pin. Closest wins the aforementioned 690 MB’s.

All for a good cause and to demonstrate to Fish (who still refuses to accept it was a wild play).

6 Likes

20 each for the KPs?

$20 Total to enter for both

2 Likes

It was not a wild play for a scratch golfer and I’ll die on this hill. I got to aggressive on club choice, not on choice of line or plan.

If you truly aim for the actual middle of the green, you are going to 3 putt. If you aim a bit left of the flag, there is a ridge that will help funnel back towards the flag and coincidentally this is the least amount of carry over bunker required.

My usual - 95% of the time miss with a LW is pulled. In this case, it rode up the face (didn’t jump) and was pushed (not pulled). So I both didn’t have a great strike and pushed it (and had already chosen to aggressive of a club, conceded on that).

In a few short days I’ll prove this by winning the KP and taking your clubs

6 Likes