Olympic Prolific 2 (Tacoma, WA): 2022, Sept 16-17 - A Playoff To Remember & TC Loves PNW Cuisine

That’s some earth shattering stuff. The compression boots must be as good as advertised!

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone for the recs, to @Ghost_of_Ty_Webb for the gear, to my new engineer buddies @Albinobluesheep @jasonnutter @RegularDraw for the company on Friday

:handshake: Anytime!

Some pics:

More: Jason Nutter on Instagram

I plan on making this trip every year - perfect respite from the heat in Jax and a taste of everything we don’t have in NE Florida. Hanging in Ballard, getting over to Bainbridge, exploring the Olympic Peninsula, and carving out a few days to get to Gamble are all in-order for the next trip.

You love to see it.

5 Likes

If @TaylorD did use it, he used the hell out of it. Dude was crushing it every time I checked the leaderboard.

Confirmed he was T6 in quota on Saturday, off of golf paternity leave with a 79. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

@TaylorD is an absolute nuker of the golf ball. Only guy I’ve seen drive the 18th at GM:O.

2 Likes

I’m so disappointed I was like 5 yards left of the green now!

Guess I should clarify TD was not playing the whites…

4 Likes

Having done this loop once before, skip Moses/DC, and work a route to play a couple of the rural 9-holers that are throughout any route you plan to take. All are a blast, and a good breakup in the playing world class joints.

1 Like

Literal quote from @TaylorD on the GMO 18th tee one time: “240? I don’t have that”

(as in, he hits it too far)

5 Likes

played with @TaylorD on Saturday at GM. I can verify that he does indeed nuke it.

7 Likes

I’ve been there from the whites (and missed the Eagle putt), never accomplished the feat from the blues yet.

Went for it on Saturday, but came up about 10 yards short for the right edge.

1 Like

Holy shnitt. Guess I made the right choice with that 6am…

1 Like

“official” reasons from Sea-Tac

1. Summer traveler volume has been continuing into the normally slower fall season, something that hasn’t been seen since before the pandemic. On Sunday, between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m., TSA screened more passengers than any other morning since the pandemic.
  2. The pandemic changed the dynamic of travel trends. For example, passenger traffic after Labor Day typically drops about 15%. TSA anticipated this change and has been bringing in additional staff to cover the summer peak. However, the additional staffing ended on Labor Day.
  3. Maintenance and construction had taken two lanes offline at one of the checkpoints.

With the exception of 3…those seems like Sea-Tac just failed to plan for checks notes a bunch of airline passengers that have had tickets for quite a while.

2 Likes

First things first. Metabolism rates go through the roof when you walk Gamble Sands, Quicksands, 36 at Chambers, then Gold Mountain. That food didn’t stand a chance. It’s fun to feel 16 again even for a moment.

Second, compression boots are a real thing. Shout-out free marketing…buy Normatec during holidays when they do their discounts. Not for fakes.

Third, love love overtime. I paid good money for that Gold Mountain round. Chip off was delightful, if only to see the beverage cart attendant slide on in like a truffle pig sniffing for wallets.

10 Likes

Absolute all timer of a quote. Well done your honor. Golf clap :clap:

7 Likes

Student section vibes. Walked right in.

11 Likes

Honestly it was like she was in slow motion giving zero effs. She knew they were playing and she basically drove right through them to get the gold.

3 Likes

Something else to call out from this past weekend: a strong contingent of mustaches. Something I might need to consider for OP3.

2 Likes

This guy. Not even acknowledging the tri cities even exists.

1 Like

Go Cougs. Wow.

https://twitter.com/wsucougarmgolf/status/1572672274884612096?s=46&t=_KzBOnyqfuuhgYQWt2VWkA

2 Likes

No possible way he makes that with the pin we had on Saturday…basically a funnel pin

3 Likes