Olympic Prolific 2 (Tacoma, WA): 2022, Sept 16-17 - A Playoff To Remember & TC Loves PNW Cuisine

The wheels are turning and the wood is burning… I want to do a similar trip to what is being talked about, at which point I will call upon you to be MY huckleberry as well…

What’s the best weather time of year?

2 Likes

July-September to dodge essentially any chance of rain.

July and August - there is a risk for a heatwave.

September - there is a chance for wildfire smoke.

But you can get some awesome days May-October

2 Likes

Define “heatwave”

And how much rain is possible in June?

Please add me to the subscription list, a little bit of rain or heat isn’t the end of the world

1 Like

Go wild!

https://www.wunderground.com/history/monthly/us/wa/tacoma

1 Like

As long as it’s under 100°F and the rain isn’t up to my ankles, then I’m game… Hell, there could even be exceptions to those rules

If ANYONE wants to travel the PNW and play some golf, I’m your huckleberry. We can play Wine Valley, Gamble Sands, Palouse Ridge, Circling Raven, Pronghorn, Gearhart, Bandon, Tetherow (but also fuck Tetherow), Gozzer Ranch (I’d need you to get me on), etc etc etc.

Will travel for golf. Slide in the DMs and let’s start organizing!

6 Likes

Can you get me on Black Rock?

You should probably give some context for the proximity of that ball to that flag. You know, in case anyone was living under a rock that day…

3 Likes

So no shit there I was, playing golf with 2 cool guys and a boaty. I had been playing pretty solid all day, peacocking a bit at the top of the leaderboard. I step up on 12 tee, see the “eagle” plaque from the US Open and turn to one of the cool guys (not the squid) and say “this is eagle city baby”.

I then step to the tee, pipe driver 265 (mostly carry, I’m sure, cause I’m a bomber). Well anyway, that Rogue St Max LS rockets my crispy white ChromeSoft (shoutout Callaway for supporting the pod) toward the green on an absolute frozen rope.

As this piss missile of a drive is sailing my group starts clamoring about how good it looks. The ball hits the green and rolls to within like 3”. The Marshall on top of the hill freaks out, so do the guys standing on 13 tee. I walk strut up, kick in my eagle, pose for some photos, and slam a Tacoma Corona (with lime, shoutout turnstand girl for the hookup).

And that, my friend, is the story of the greatest eagle ever made (On that hole, that day, in a made up tournament).

25 Likes

Did anyone end up using my gold mountain round

2 Likes

I think @TaylorD did? I honestly lost track of that though

1 Like

I’m not sure if I’m more offended by not being one of the “cool guys” or by being called “Seaman”. But I expect nothing less from a Grunt. :wink: :smirk:

2 Likes

:rofl: @golfgraeme10 knows I’m right. (I don’t know Colin’s handle)

3 Likes

Edited. Sorry for the public shaming :rofl:

2 Likes

Colin here - I have found absolutely nothing in any of your above statements, in fact in anything you’ve ever said, that seems to be factually inaccurate or even questionable.

4 Likes

Can confirm story. A seaman was there and piss missile did occur and land that far from the hole. Wish it had gone in.

3 Likes

Thank you for vouching for my unimpeachable integrity. It’s important people know that about me.

3 Likes

One very important question I have is if @TheHonChiefJustice was a good boy and finished his plate of fish tacos at Gold Mountain. It would have been quite a feat combined with the Mt. Kilimanjaro sized plate of nachos he chose to pair with them.

3 Likes

More impressive is that he made the UW Husky game at 5:00!! Man is a complete menace.

7 Likes