North Star Shootout 3 (Stillwater, MN): 2022, July 9 - StoneRidge GC - AM TEE TIMES #843

I’ll be on a flight at this time, but would prefer someone to draft me over a random selection. I give my full authorization for whoever claims me first if there is a draft.

Maybe if you can’t attend you should provide your own scouting report for potential teammates?

Ok little bout me:
6.2 and soft capped. Can sometimes drive the shit out of it, and get out of any trouble. Working hard on my game to get out of this slump, mostly due to putting. Down to vibe or take it seriously.

3 Likes

I do love a good spreadsheet. But agree that finalizing partners takes precedent.

2 Likes

Folks, a third option has been brought to my attention. 14 of the 20 singles had originally drafted and had their teammates drop. Therefore, for those 14 guis:

To Draft or Not To Draft?
  • Drafts are sweet, I want to draft again
  • I already did this once, let me pick my partner from the list

0 voters

Edit: those guys are @aspoiledwalk @PaaSco @FairwayHank @Camilo @tj_denawli @MrLarson @MrCutHook @TheRightSide @JMK @MackReiter

2 Likes

@Buckles @pbblaster @kurtzh17 @Sims

I’m going to risk sounding stupid here, what’s the difference between drafting, and picking my partner?

I mean I get the draft implies some sort of order vs. off the books, but essentially the same right?

Also, I swear I’m not trying to be difficult, because ultimately of the guys on the list, the only one I’ve met is TJ, and that’s because I assume everyone has met him, so I’m just happy to have any partner, regardless of how we get there.

2 Likes

Boy, this thread is sure getting me excited for Stoneridge

8 Likes

Well in the threads defense you did just make some top 100 stops in the past few days so I’m guessing MN public golf wouldn’t do much for you…

3 Likes

Do it on the board so we get some content and hype and ideally some shit talking going in here.

5 Likes

I ultimately don’t care what the format is, but if it is a live draft here’s a little about my game since I don’t know anyone else playing in the event. I’m a 7.9, but I feel like a good run is coming. I’ve never played the course. Hoping that makes for a case of beginner’s luck.

3 Likes

I’m admittedly a little lost here if I’m supposed to draft (didn’t draft previously) or give an elevator pitch on my game…so here it is:

I’m currently a 9 since I started the season in the dumps, all my 70s rounds from the end of last season fell off. Will likely play better than a 9 but I’m streaky AF right now so the index is legit (I think 7-8 pars and 1 bird at Royal this weekend but shot 88). I’m a good cart hang, probably will have a few beers and rip a few cigs but can get into LFG mode if we’re trying to pretend to be really competitive lol.

7 Likes

Here for this.

2 Likes

In the thread’s defense, the former chairman of the tournament can’t be arsed to drop a line unless it’s a critique of the new chairman and/or venue and/or announcement timeline/frequency/content

5 Likes

Baxter’s criticism of year 3

3 Likes

When have I critiqued stoneridge? All other critiques were well deserved.

Also….

2 Likes

Anyway, @tj_denawli really, really wants to play with @MackReiter, so if anybody else who originally drafted has a partner in mind, let me know. The rest will draft as before.

2847A142-03B3-405E-8552-2A5B839AD4E3

1 Like

Sorry for wanting to stick to plans that were discussed 3 weeks ago in front of everyone. Besides, doesn’t everyone want to play with Mack?

5 Likes

tenor-5

4 Likes