North Star Shootout 3 (Stillwater, MN): 2022, July 9 - StoneRidge GC - AM TEE TIMES #843

Thanks! I added my name to the wait list. I will be sure to keep an eye out for more events and meet ups in the future.

2 Likes

With unfortunate news, the healing (while progressing) is not at a point where I can start golfing until around 7/2 and 36 holes 1 week post clearance was advised against by the surgeon. So I am sitting this one out.

That brings us back to @DLingbeck

1 Like

Did you at least explain how alternate shot worked before they shot it down?

4 Likes

I’ve received word that @DLingbeck is out. Since I’ve already called on @Tkotts, @tbruhsch, @Emoore, and @Clark_Griswold multiple times with no reply, I think we’ll open the last spot up to the first responder.

@Tkotts, @tbruhsch, @Emoore, @Clark_Griswold, @ThomasTheune - first one to DM me gets in.

1 Like

I’m in!

1 Like

Hell yeah. Please register here

https://pce-northstarshootout30.golfgenius.com/register?league_id=8483147667726191582

Sweet! I registered. I can’t wait!

1 Like

I actually specifically brought up this event to test the waters & while I did not go into details of it being alternate shot, he said “it would probably be best for your partner if one of the first times you played in 6 months wasn’t a tournament” - so the doc was looking out for everyone there

6 Likes

@bignanski is there a signup for Friday golf at Keller?

Are you asking me for a spreadsheet?

1 Like

Before I get to that, we have an exciting development - We are officially at 60 registrants and the tournament is (for the time being) full! With all the WDs and upheaval, we have a whopping 20 guis without teammates. Couple of options here:

A. I use the randomizer to pair the remaining 20 off
B. We hold an expansion draft over Zoom/Teams/whatever (my preference)

@aspoiledwalk @PaaSco @FairwayHank @Camilo @tj_denawli @MrLarson @MrCutHook @TheRightSide @JMK @MackReiter (cont.)

@Buckles @pbblaster @kurtzh17 @Sims @BTfromDelta @TYWebbMN @kcurry11 @DoubleT192 @bjd @ThomasTheune

Are you available next Tuesday, 6/28 at 8:30 PM for a live expansion draft? You’ll need to be present (with audio) to make a teammate selection

NSS EXPANSION DRAFT
  • Yes, I can make it
  • Nope

0 voters

I’ll be flirting around with kiddo bedtime (wife gone that night) but I’ll make it happen.

1 Like

I thought @MackReiter and I were teaming up?

I’m no expert, but I believe anti-trust regulations prohibit such a team.

5 Likes

My attorneys at Dewey, Cheetum, & Howe have assured me that such a pairing would not violate any SEC regulations.

4 Likes

How does this work with the handicap/Alt shot fairness? Just breaking the 20 of us into 2 pools?

Isn’t the point of using handicaps to solve for that?

Objection: relevance

What TJ said, I don’t really understand the question. Handicaps account for it.