NLU & The Fliers Club Present The Dangerfield Caper - June 10, 2023

I registered thru TFC so got in a little earlier and booked a room at the Dune Crest Hotel for my wife and I . Thought it was a very reasonable price for the Cape.

3 Likes

The outdoor shower thing is an extra shower in addition to the indoor ones lol.

Going to hang at Trillium Brewing Fort Point the next day if anyone is in the area

2 Likes

I’m familiar with the joys of a post beach remove-the-sand-and-salt outdoor shower. The thing is, at least 2 of the airbnbs I looked at had no inside shower. I looked at all the photos, and there was a 1/2 bath with no room for a shower or tub, a bedroom, a galley kitchen, and lots of pictures of the outdoor shower. No thank you.

Outdoor showers are great, but I can certainly appreciate if it’s not your thing.

I’m from the mid cape area. Even when I ihead out to Truro and ptown, we usually stay up there. There’s a hotel in north Truro called the surf club. I’d check that place out. It being June I’m guessing they aren’t yet slammed.

2 Likes

This is a good plan. Good beer and above average food options.

1 Like

Looks like I was a little late to try and sign up - have fun all!

If you make your way down to mass, I can host in Sharon near Gillette.

1 Like

Unfortunately I had to give my spot up at this event. Very bummed. Not sure if it was sold out, but if it was, there is one new spot available.

2 Likes

@Cinnamon may be interested

1 Like

Wish I could but it being right after The Grazing and it being my Birthday weekend I don’t think it’s possible. If you and @HibernatingBear were getting a place it’d make sense logistically but I’d have to find a spot

Not sure @Tommo ’s plan but I’ll be staying at my brothers before and after (Marshfield, MA). They certainly have the room for all 3 of us

(Note: I still haven’t told them I’m coming)

4 Likes

FYI, Fliers Club cancellation policy sucks and I lost $50 dollars by cancelling more than 2 months out. As the event gets closer you lose more and more if you have to cancel. Their customer service also sucks. Sent an email 2 days ago and crickets.

3 Likes

Still one spot left for registration - almost just pulled the trigger on it then found out from my wife that we have a wedding that day :melting_face:Dangerfield Caper Registration

Just signed up and am going. What even is this? :rofl:

3 Likes

The horror, two days without a reply! Perhaps they’re traveling. Also, was the policy not clearly stated on the sign-up? Not exactly endearing yourself with this reaction…

5 Likes

Hand up, the policy was stated in the terms of service which I didn’t read. I’ll retract my previous statements. Eddie regrets the error.

1 Like

In the past if the spot got filled you aren’t out anything.

That may have changed with growth as it becomes more imperative to disincentive cancellation but I would echo @Tron and just recommend you pump the breaks a bit.

All my experience with TFC has been A+ and I don’t think NLU would partner on an event with them if that weren’t the case.

1 Like

2 Likes