NLU & The Fliers Club Present The Dangerfield Caper - June 10, 2023

Are you Team Fliers or Team NLU? Possibly my first interaction with my newest club will be as opponents :grimacing:

I think like you. I’m both.

Registered for this event through TFC. Once I saw an NLU event I had to be part of it.

1 Like

Cape Cod, Golf, Oysters, Lobster Rolls. Absolutely my vibe. See you guys in June :raised_hands:t3:

8 Likes

Would love to get a Sunday round going at Marion GC. Fun 9 hole George Thomas design that’s about to be worked on by Gil Hanse.

4 Likes

Yeah this is what I meant. I knew you were both from @Kirbs . Looking forward to it!

1 Like

I’ve had Cape Cod golf on my to do list since 2020. Thoughts on if this course is worth the long trip? Is there anywhere somewhat affordable to stay on Cape Cod that time of the year?

Can’t disappear for the entire day for this event but would love to show some Refugees around Marion on Sunday.

5 Likes

If you tag this on to a longer trip then it is definitely worth it. The only true links course on the east coast and it is awesome. The cape has many great public golf options! Obviously great private options that I’m sure you could get on with a little work. Sadly, I am just a peasant so I have no private golf connects. Would love to get on Kittansett or E Ho (wink wink).

Airbnb’s should be pretty reasonable in the area.

2 Likes

What @FastEddie64 said. The course is not really worth the trip alone. The event will be sweet and there is a lot of great public golf on and just off the cape.

1 Like

I’ve been looking, and one thing to note: There is a strange obsession with outdoor showers in many of these places (not my kink). If it matters to you, make sure you double check that they have an indoor one as well.

Edited because I was interrupted while posting and forgot the rest of my last sentence.

4 Likes

That’s just a New England thing :tipping_hand_man:

2 Likes

I ended up booking a room here https://www.oldmanseinn.com/ in Brewster, seemed to have wildly positive reviews and be centrally located.

The reason for almost all cape places having an outdoor shower is it’s fantastic to shower outside after coming home from the beach for the day. No Sand to be tracked into the house. They are generally fully enclosed wooden structures attached to the house or garage. They will have indoor plumbing as well.

6 Likes

I’ll be playing on Team Flyers, should be interesting to see overlap between the two groups :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Your first post here in the NLU message board is an announcement you will not be playing for NLU. Respect.

14 Likes

It’s a house at the beach thing. All over the US.

1 Like

Anyone else on the 8:30 fast ferry from Boston to PTown the morning of?

He drinks a giant glass of haterade in the morning

1 Like

I’m still debating. Might still be driving out the long way.

I’ll probably be making the long drive down from Cambridge